Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Doug, smart phones are pretty handy.

LD, welcome back to the land of the living.

Mike, I hope the flu stays away.

NC, yeah, the good old days.  A lifetime ago.

Well, family meltdown here.  Ugh.  Being a dad sucks sometimes.  Days like this are tough.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van, you deserve a do-over and some beers.  I am hoisting 1 right now and I think I will hoist another after this 1 in your honor.

I could use one.

Docket_Rocket

Do over, beers, and new iPhones.  For everybody!

I am too busy this week!  At least we get to see a Cirque show tomorrow, woot!

I ran today.  And I liked it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Since Damaris is buying a round of do-overs for everybody  I'm requesting mine not to be like Van's.  He doesn't want to do over yesterday. I on the other hand want to do over yesterday.  I want to rewind yesterday so when I get asked this question again..."When are we going out again?" I can say something half way intelligent instead of sounding like a blabbering idiot. In my defense, I was caught way off guard and he makes me very nervous.

Van - Here's wishing you a better day than yesterday.

Venomized - Hope you enjoyed your beers.

Damaris - Enjoy your show tonight.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yay for alcohol!  Boo to bad days and parenting pitfalls.  Yay for iPhones and nights out!

I feel like crud again and I barely slept last night. If I'm not better tomorrow, I'm going back to the doc.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

The beers were good but now I am out.  I will need to buy some soon or just hit the Gentleman Jack tonight instead.

Better I Leave

I'm thinking a nice 2008 MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir might be in order for this evening.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I get to go to dinner with D tomorrow.  We seem to go out to eat a lot every time I'm in Miami haha

They caught the rapist.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Don't forget the happy hour we're going.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I want to redo parts of yesterday please! My dad fell for a scam.  It is a mess but could have been worse.  Sigh raising parents is hard.  My mom died over 4 years ago and since then I've done all his finances etc  And I talk to him every day etc.  He is in Mi and I'm in SC  It has been going on for weeks now.  My twin lives 20 min from my dad yet does nothing.  He knows what happened as I've called him or texted several times the last few weeks.  He(twin) is just not helpful  At least dad finally gave me an in yesterday so dh and I could really get this nearly stopped.  Nearly as dad still wants to believe this women in Ghanna wants to marry him and move here.  He knows it is a scam but still has a hope it is the 1 in a billion chance of being legit.  All we can do is keep telling him it is NOT real and this "women" may not even be real etc.  sigh

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

ah yes happy hour!

Marjorie

Marjorie, I hope you get it figured out.  Good luck.

NC, I hope you get another day!   And just be yourself!   I'm sure that's all he wants.

Running out of beer is bad.

LD, sorry for the relapse.  I think that's the way this bug rolls.  I was almost over it, but it's hit me again today.

Damaris, hOpe the show was good.

Dave, wine, Yum!

Doug, do you drink it straight or add some Coke?  I've never acquired the taste for whiskey.

For me, it was pretty rough day but I think we made some progress.  Still a pretty big mountain to climb.

Better I Leave

He is in Mi and I'm in SC  It has been going on for weeks now.  

Oh God...I know what you're going through and you have my empathy. I just moved my mother into a nursing home 8 miles away from me here in CA, but for years I managed her care while she lived in Portland, OR. Needless to say, I chewed up all my vacation time with numerous trips to there. Best of luck to you and your family. I do know what you're going through caring for a parent from afar.

Docket_Rocket

Van, the show was amazing.  I think one of their best.

Damaris

Fundraising Page