Beginners and Beyond

Kickstart MONDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

I'll probably just do push-ups and ab work today. Perhaps I'll squeeze 2.50 miles into my break, but I'm not sure about that. Not taking a nap after my LR yesterday morning+not refueling soon after my LR+a lousy night's sleep+awakening with a tickle in my throat= I'm unsure about today.

flarunner

Mornin' All!

Did 6 this morning.

Hope you feel better, Basya.

Have a great day, dailies!

LRB

Good morning B!

It is never to late to refuel as your glycogen levels are likely still in the red, and can take two days or more to get back to 100%.  The body converts the carbs in fluids such as juice and Powerade, and fresh fruits to glycogen a little more easily than whole foods.  I eat fruit after every run to get a jump start on the recovery process for that very reason.

Good morning Flo!

As for me, it is an off day and I have no issues with that.  I messed around this weekend and ate enough pizza and drank enough wine that an increase in waist size is imminent!

I will thus be choosing my meals very carefully today.  Funny how a weekend of splurging makes one do that!

#fatboy  ; )

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Rest up and nip it in the bud. Feel better soon!

Busy day, but I will take time for 15-18 miles. Just might head to the rail-trail and see what signs of spring I can find along the way. This is my last long run before Fargo - hoping a 12-day taper is sufficient.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Cinqo de Mayo Plus One! Big grin  Today is a rest day for me.  Well, from running anyway.  Will be mowing the lawn after work today so will get a bit of a workout.

Did two races over the weekend.  Small events, but nice.  The second one on Sunday had a couple of challenging hills.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/46f8c75a72984ef0bed9b1bdcadad90d/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/c4137715045b497e97263af07d8b6e0b/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the lack of rest and the throat tickle, Basya.

Congrats on your 6, flarunner. Has your weather improved?

Enjoy the rest day, LRB!   And as fast as you run, I think you can splurge once in a while without risk of waist expansion.

Good luck with the miles, Step.  I guess a rail-trail is  a good place to TRAIN.  Sorry...I couldn't help myself...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

'Morning!  Happy Monday!  Last day of vacation and we're headed to Universal Studios.  I think I need to go on a diet.

Early flight home tomorrow, and tomorrow I run.

<3

BruceD555

Mornin' folks. Well, I had the intention of getting in an easy 5 first thing this morning but when I woke up @ 4 AM I rationalized that I'd rather run over lunch in 75 degree sunshine than in the dark. Go figure?

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

6-8 for me after work.

I ended up taking an URD yesterday. We had the MS walk in the morning then grocery shopping then we had to go to DH's grandparents' house for lunch; by the time we got home it was 3:30 and I still needed to do all my Sunday food prep, so I said screw it. I walked at least 3 miles in the morning. On a side note, we got MEDALS from the walk, LOL. So I put mine on my medal rack because why not.

Hip Redux

The MS bike ride here in June gives away medals too.   Trying to hand out medals to people flying by on their bikes as they finish is cause for some funny/scary scenes.

I have a massage and a drs appt today so either taking a rest day or might go to the gym for weights.  Unsure.  At the moment, I'm still in my PJs. Big grin

Pinktastic

Good Monday Morning, Runners!!

I see that I have a boatload of RRs to read today.   That is excellent!!

Basya – I hope that it’s just allergies or something that you can recover from quickly!!   Take care of yourself!!

Flarunner – Nice run this morning!!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

LRB – You crack me up!  Enjoy your day off and I look forward to reading about your speedy workout tomorrow!

Step – Good luck with the LR!!  I’m sure that you’ll do well!   I hope that you get to enjoy lots of spring scenery on your run!!

Scotty – You definitely deserve the rest day from running.   Looks like a great weekend of running for you!!

Phil – I hope you and MBC have a fabulous last day of vacation today!!   I can’t wait to read how your first run goes…..

Bruce – It’s very easy to rationalize at that hour of the morning.   Hope your mid-day run in the beautiful sunshine is Pinktabulous!!

Another day, another round of one-legged hops, one-legged pivots and upper body workout.   My "good" leg and foot, my hands, and my upper body are starting to rebel against all this extra attention.   I knew it was probably inevitable, and the soreness and associated pain is definitely here now.    Hopefully, my arms, legs, etc. will figure out this new, temporary "normal" and settle into a pain-free routine soon.

Not being able to drive, I think that this is the longest I've stayed in the house that wasn't related to weather issues.   I am actually looking forward to going to work later this week.   Fortunately, my DH works about a 1/2 mile from my office so he can take me to work on the days that he goes into the office.

I hope y'all have a Pinkerrific Monday!!   And, may your next run show you the beauty of spring in all it's wonders!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

April and Oski - you snuck in on me!  Good Morning!

April - That life stuff is always getting in the way for someone it seems.   Guess yesterday it was your turn.   But, I know that you'll get back out there today so it's all good!   Enjoy your run later!!

Oski - You're still in your pajamas?  Sounds like a perfect morning!!   Hope your massage is Pinklightful!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Hip Redux

Thanks, Pink!

Morning all!

Got my yoga in before work. No run today.

Managed to weasel out of the zombie run, although one DD participated as a zombie.

Here she is (on the right) with her zombie friend.

Unfortunately I did not manage to weasel out of mulch.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave