Beginners and Beyond

As The World Turns SunDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Will run for scenery.

Where's it hurting?

The calf is all better, but the knee is an issue I had last winter (/fall/summer).  Kinda "deep down inside" which de-indicated ITBS and runner's knee.  But eventually I started doing strength training (leg extensions) for the medial quads (aka, "meaty ole quads") and it was like the magical silver bullet.  Zero knee pain no matter what I did.  Usually downhill running was the culprit.  But gradually ramping up downhill speed/intensity I had absutively zero knee discomfort.  Until my "comfort run" this week.

Tonight it's feeling pretty good, so it's a bit of a confidence booster.  I plan to take it easy this week, so the big test will be on Saturday.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Will run for scenery.

Basya - you tricked me with "fast day".  HaHa!  Is that for training ?  I did today's hike (mid-day to afternoon) on nothing but coffee and a bit of water.  I don't try to push it, but I do notice some benefit from not "over-fueling" like I used to.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

It could've been an off day for you.  Don't fret it.  Still, strong effort.

Damaris, I'm glad that tonight's run went well.

Marjorie, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Rondog65, good luck tomorrow.

Tom, I hope that you had a comfortable run in that heat. Which rifle did you acquire?

Oski, brava!

SIAR, you did a LR the day after a double? Damn. You're tough!

kristin10185, congratulations to you and your dad!

outoftheblue, enjoy the wine tasting.

Beth, beautiful photo.

Jay, terrific 10.44.

Phil, MBC, congratulations!

jjs22, have a speedy and complete recovery.

I decided against extending the 10K into a long run. I'll do that tomorrow.

Tuesday will be a fast day. No food or drink from 3:13 a.m. until 9:19 p.m.. I'll do weights on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, instead of on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

After work, I did push-ups, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer.

I'm confused. I ran a hillier 10K three weeks ago. Same fueling and hydration. Same clothes. Only two degrees cooler and more humid. Yet, I rocked that. I don't get it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That the picture showed a non-choppy lake. Big grin

I would've bolded the "photo not of today" but I was on my phone.  Sorry for the confusion!

Mention what?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Lily- Congratulations!!! Big grin

LRB- Congrats to you as well!

I just ran my first 5 miler since my HM two months ago, and also finished above 20 MPW for the first time since then as well.  Tape seems to do the trick!  Looking forward to next week!

Just B.S.

That the picture showed a non-choppy lake. Big grin

I would've bolded the "photo not of today" but I was on my phone.  Sorry for the confusion!

Ahhhh, well.........FYI, it's not a lake, it's a river with some of the deepest river depths in North America, hundreds of

miles long and fast flowing.........lakes are for sissies!LOL