Beginners and Beyond

Zero To Fifty - The Monday Penguins (Read 35 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!  I have a huge list of things to do at work today, so I'm trying to write them down and check them off, so that I don't get swamped.  Fortunately, whatever doesn't get done today can get done tomorrow, and so on.  Nothing is on a really strict deadline, at least not yet.  Life is never dull!!  I might go for a walk with DH and Dusty tonight, depending on how fast and far the temps have fallen.  It's supposed to get progressively colder today until we hit the low of 4 tonight.  EEK!

Gustav -- same temperature roller coaster here.  I'll be interested to see if you like the Hokas.

kristin -- glad you got to spin!!

scotty -- enjoy your rest day!!

Jerryb -- yeah, I'd be staying indoors with some hot chocolate!!

PAD -- have a good TM run tonight!!

hog -- good luck with your 12-hour shift!!

Docket -- hope your 6 goes well!!

Lew -- good luck turning your Monday into an awake day!!

Zelanie -- good luck catching up!!

Dan -- woo-hoo for a great unplugged weekend!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Gustav -thanks for starting us. That is a crazy roller coaster of winter weather.  Let us know how the ice spikes work.

Kristin - hurray for being able to exercise again.  Twenty miles is good when you haven't been riding for a while.  My recumbent bike makes my legs go numb after about 30 minutes, so I rarely do more than 45 on it (about 15 miles).

Scotty - after two races this weekend, you earned a rest day.  Enjoy.

Jerry - enjoy your warm run this evening.

PAD - definitely a good time to be indoors.

Mitch - hope you get your run in this evening.  I respect the fact that you are willing to run after a 12 hour shift.  When I used to do overtime, I barely had the energy to cook, and not always that much.

Damaris - is the ankle feeling better?  Have a good run this evening.

LewJeffrey - good job on the three after your broken sleep.  Hope the coffee helps.

Z - hope your first day back at work goes well.

Dan - sometimes turning off the computer is the best thing to do.  When we are travelling, I don't miss it at all.  Good job on the honey do list.

HopesMom - I hope you get your walk with your DH.

AFM:  I overdid my run on the TM yesterday - went farther and faster than usual - so I'm very stiff today.  The roads are still icy, so it's a good thing today is a rest day.   Last night we even bailed on the dog's evening walk, because there was no place to walk that wasn't solid ice.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gustav- I'm still in the boot but only for the work day. I'm "weaning" off. If that works well I can say good bye to it for good next week. I'm supposed to do some walking every day without it....so I walked to and from the gym sans boot (1.5 blocks each way). Which isn't much but it felt good to be able to walk normally and not like an injured duck.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

+1 for crazy weather.  It was in the low 60s this morning, heading into the 40s by this evening and the teens tomorrow morning with a feels like around -2 with the wind chill, fun stuff.

Had a family day yesterday before our oldest heads back to college next weekend, so I pushed my LR to today, heading out for 20 this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

Gustav-- that's some weird weather you're having there.  Its nice though that you got this 50* day to break up the zeros.

kristin-- Yay@ doing spin class!  Glad you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

scotty-- yiikes @ 28* .  That is cold.  Enjoy your rest today.

Jerry-- all I can say to that is "I AM SORRY!"  Don't freeze.

PAD-- Glad you have the option to do the treadmill in cold weather.

Mitch-- don't work too hard!  12 hours is such a long day.

DR-- Good luck on the 6 and I hope your foot behaves itself.

Jeff-- well at least you got up and ran at all.  Good to see you around today!

Zel-- hey ya!  I'm hoping you have an easy day at work today too.

Dan-- LOL@ your antisocial media weekend.  That's actually a good thing to do now and then.  Sounds like you had a good weekend without us.

HsM-- 4* will be awfully cold for a walk!  Maybe you'll be  lucky and it won't get that cold.

Ginny-- sounds like you did a great run yesterday.  Hopefully today's rest day will take care of any stiffness you feel.

dave-- good thing you're getting your long run done today instead of tomorrow then!

Y'all almost make me feel a little guilty for having good weather this week!   I must say however, I did enjoy my run today. I got 10-1/2 miles in sunny 50* weather.   Highs will be in the 60s today most of the week here, and y'all are invited to come visit.  ;-)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

60 minutes on the track, 600 calories...we'll call it 6 milies. No YaxTrax needed.   Felt pretty good today.

Mmmmm...beer

Now that was a crappy run, no energy at all.  Managed 16 and ran out of daylight, with the amount of bear scat I saw out there, I wasn't staying for another four miles after dark.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Day 6 without tobacco

6.7 miles run

113 pushups

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

10 degrees, feels like -5, 4 miles done.

awood, keep the streak going! I'm cheering for you more than ever on this.