Beginners and Beyond

It's a couple of firsts happy new years DAILIES... (Read 273 times)

runmomto3boys

Uhhhh....no, she can't. She can cut one short at 3, but she eats 3 miles for breakfast while knitting a sweater.

You make me sound so much more bad ass than I am in real life...I like.

B-Plus: Ok, search is called off, then.  Not as incriminating as I was hoping for...

Code: I'm sorry about the hangover, but I bet you had a heck of a night!

Irishguy: Well done pushing through that hangover to get some miles in.  Niiiiice.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

3.25 with a slight hangover..

Have to start posting more in the Dailies, i never did on RWOL, i seem to be missing out on alot of fun.

I've found that while hangovers have a negative effect on running, running has a positive effect on hangovers! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

CrisRuns

I'll take what I can get - if it's 3, I am happy with that at this point!

B-Plus: stalk away...that log is pretty sad right now...hoping to change that soon!!  Ha!  Yes, he is an animal.  I'm still going to have to hunt down that shot...

How do you decide How far to go? Would it be better to quit before you start hurting? Then again, there is the happylily strategy..... It works for her...

CrisRuns

Uhhhh....no, she can't. She can cut one short at 3, but she eats 3 miles for breakfast while knitting a sweater.

With the time my daughter takes to eat breakfast, I would say she can run at least 10 miles during that time slot.

B-Plus

Irishguy - Welcome!! I prefer to stay on the couch when I have a hangover.

RMTB - Lol, sorry if I got your hopes up. I think you need to find somebody with some post-race FE pics for that. Listen to Crissy and take it easy. Just get that IT band healed up.

Chairman

Scrape: Nice job on the 16+ and at a crazy fast clip, to boot - but burritos for breakfast : puke :.  How are you feeling?  You are getting your mileage back up there.  Hip OK?

I am feeling so so. The hip and quad are good right now, but have some shin and ankle issues. Keeping it at about 50 mpw right now and not really planning on pushing the mileage much this winter. If the legs start feeling good I might train for a race, but for the time being that's off the table.

I am glad your IT band has made progress. I am hoping for good things from you this Spring.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.5  track run puts us right on track for 1,200 mile 2013 goal. Wink

runmomto3boys

Scrape: thanks a bunch! I am super happy to hear that you are healing up, albeit dealing with some residual garbage yet. Good plan to hold steady for a bit. I am just glad you are running again. Cris: yes! That is part of the reason why I am heading to the indoor track: I can stop anytime it starts to smart and I won't face the "I am stranded on an out and back route" situation I have found myself in as of late.
                  FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

scrape. - I just noticed that you finally got your period!! Hah...anyway, judging from your post on dailymile, it seems you had a decent run, if decent means leaving my slow ass in your dust. Cris - I hear you. My son takes FOREVER to eat. It drives me nuts because we have a rule that no one leaves the table until everyone is done and the other two bitch because he is so slow and they can't leave. Hah!!

runmomto3boys

Sorry for the run on paragraph - posting from my phone and I can't fix it for some reason!

Chairman

Heidi, to tell you the truth, I'd say I have lost the desire to really train for something. At least for the time being.

Flippy, yes, I realized RA would allow me to add the period. The run today was pretty routine. Just trying to stretch myself out a little bit.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Sorry for the run on paragraph - posting from my phone and I can't fix it for some reason!

No paragraphs on phones. I have the same problem. Smile

runmomto3boys

Scrape: I get it. You can now just enjoy running for the sake of doing so, though. That is a pretty good spot to be in, considering the fact that you had to take time off to heal up after that HM (ridic time, btw) and couldn't run - period. I hope and I am sure there will be lots of races/PRs in your future, when you get the itch to train again (inevitable, I think).
                            runmomto3boys

No paragraphs on phones. I have the same problem. Smile

Good! It is not just me, then!!!!

Chairman

I am enjoying just running right now, I have to say. I love being able to skip a run when I don't feel good or just don't want to run. I am liking taking an extra day off every week. Last time I decided to "take a break" from racing I went 8 years, so who knows. Probably won't be that long this time. I don't have that many years left to take off if I want to run any more PRs.