Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Drink? MonDAILIES (Read 290 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Merry Christmas Eve all. I'm headed out for 11 miles, the last 5 being a bit more frisky than the first 6. As for drinks, I'm pretty simple with beer, or a good Chilean wine.

RMT3B...saw yesterday you were dealing with some injury stuff and general running stress. We all know exactly how you feel, and hope you recover quickly. Fear not, nobody's awe at what you've done will diminish if you have to take it easy for a bit.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

@runjerseygirl

I have some crazy stories, too.  In fact, I'm surprised I still drink them, knowing what they do to me.  I make a mean cosmo.  Goes down like Kool-Aid.  On your ass before you know what hit you!

Good luck on your run D!

Weez, straight and to the point, nice!

Kay, I have the funniest story you will ever hear regarding cosmopolitans!  Someday I'll share that...

Spark, as popular as it is, I have not tried the captain yet.  I think I'm gonna resolve to do that!

Wassup, bozy, Tom and April!

Lilac, a girl after my own heart!

Good morning Beth!  Wink

Hi Flo!  Legend has it that a bartender in Alberta was inspired by The B-52's and that drink was the result.  I have quite a bit of their music as well!  Their music transcended genres, and has stood the test of time.  And besides, who doesn't love Fab 5 Freddy?  Wink

Do you even run?

delicate flower

Happy Christmas Eve Day!  Is anybody else besides me WORKING today?  HOORAY WORK!

I got my speedwork in early today.  9 miles on the treadmill.  1/4 mile speed intervals with 1/4 mile recoveries.  7:35 avg pace.  Five of those intervals at sub-6:00 pace.  I pushed it hard today...tough workout.  Not sure I could have done 10 miles at that effort.  Good times.

Good time at mom's house yesterday.  I always enjoy seeing my nieces and nephews.  Smile  Mom way overdid on the gifts to me and Wife.

My favorite drink?  Coffee.

Enjoy your 12/24, gang!

<3

runmomto3boys

Rough week last week. I only got in 64 miles and no LR my first week of training b/c the fibular head on my knee is tweaked. I'm trying to be smart and resting my knee today, hoping that by tomorrow, it will be good as new. In the meantime, Merry Christmas eve, peeps!!!!

LRB

I have some crazy stories, too.  In fact, I'm surprised I still drink them, knowing what they do to me.  I make a mean cosmo.  Goes down like Kool-Aid.  On your ass before you know what hit you!

That was my experience exactly!  Took three days to come down off that buzz!  OOOF!

@runjerseygirl

I may or may not have spilled more than I drank by the time I poured my 5th glass.

That was my experience exactly!  Took three days to come down off that buzz!  OOOF!

Do you even run?

LRB

I may or may not have spilled more than I drank by the time I poured my 5th glass.

Are we related?  I drank five too.  Not a good decision!

@runjerseygirl

Actually, it sounds like the perfect solution for getting through tonight.  I think I need to make another run to the liquor store.

Are we related?  I drank five too.  Not a good decision!

Do you even run?

Purple Toes

Morning Runners!

I ended up doing only 2 miles on Saturday, I met up with some friends instead and we took our horses for a stroll in the woods. Yesterday was a very slow 8ish miles. I decided to take it easy and snap photos along the way which I rarely do, fun run. I'm heading out in a bit with my run partner for 6-8  miles.

I hope everyone nursing injuries or illness feels better soon. Happy Holidays!

ETA-- oh yea, my drink!  Right now coffe and cream.  Later tonight it will be a pinot noir, although I would kind of like to try a champipple :-)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I usually drink vodka and cranberry juice. Sometimes I add lime, 7-up, pomegranate juice, etc. I started drinking vodka and cranberry in my early 20s because it matched my lipstick. I like wine quite a bit too. SRD for me today. Smile

Luke79

4.83 miles @ 8:40.  I would have gone for 6.2, but I got the bubble guts (TMI), so I had to cut that puppy short.

SRD tomorrow...doing the Christmas thing.  I hope you guys have a good one.

Oh, and my favorite drink is Sam Adams Boston Lager.  Non alcoholic would be root beer or kool-aid.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Alright, mini red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting are done. Draggin my ass out the door now for my run. When I get back I'm cleaning the house and making brownies. Woo!

Shakedown Street

5 miles slow with a few hill sprints at the end.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The Christmas Eve run is complete! 4.1 miles, 9:16 overall pace, with the last 0.1 at 6:51 pace. A good run on well-rested legs.

Now, off for some last-minute shopping. Arrggghhhh!!!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

the perfect gift for me would be

completions and connections left from

last year skip shop encounter

most interesting

Had his number but never the time

most of '81 passed along those lines

Still the best Christmas song ever.

<3