Beginners and Beyond

RnR Country Music Half Marathon RR: Pacing Hubby Is All Sorts of Fun! (Read 76 times)

Good job D and hubby.

Interesting that Nashville has a Parthenon.

happylily

I always enjoy seeing your pics, D.. Thank you for sharing them. And I'm happy that you and your husband have found an activity that you can enjoy together and that you have so much fun when you travel as a team. I remember when you used to race all by yourself and it made me sad for you. Now you both look so happy! Great stuff!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Congrats to both of y'all!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations to both of you on a good race.  I am so happy that your recovery has gone so well.  It must be such a pleasure to be able to race without agony again.  I take it you aren't having problems with the asthma either any more?

No further attack since the one I have right after the surgery So I guess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Sounds like a very fun time! Congrats to both of you on getting out there. I know the road to recovery is difficult for some, but I'm glad that you got through it just fine.

- Andrew

tinman11

Each year after my annual eye exam near West End Ave, I'll  get in a run through Centennial Park while I wait for my pupils to get back to normal from being dilated.  Then I can drive home safely.......

This race is where I ran my first 1/2 marathon several years ago.  My wife and I ran it (her 1st too) after training on several sections of the course together.  At that time, we lived just a few miles from Belmont University and loved to train on Belmont Blvd & Music Row where you have the out & back section.

Congrats to you and your husband.  It's really cool to see you guys running this one together.  I know you must have really enjoyed that crowd.  They get pretty rowdy at this one.  Great pics!!!

meaghansketch

Sounds like a fun weekend!  Congrats to you both and good luck in your upcoming marathon!

Ric-G

congrats to both of you!...nice pics too....good luck in your next race too.

marathon pr - 3:16

SheCan

Congratulations to you and DH!!!!!   Great job, and even greater come back for you.  Yay & Yikes @ your upcoming full!  Love the pictures, you all looked great for the race.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Then, I accidentally contacted the RD of my May HM and asked to be switched to the full, so I have a marathon in three weeks. 

Accidentally, huh?

Sounds like you guys had a great time!  Really glad that your recovery has gone so well! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you and the hubby, way to go!  Strange they have a Parthenon replica in Nashville.

Nice photos!  But, umm, in that photo of your hubby in front of the parthenon, why is hiding a bowler derby hat  under his shirt? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

LOL. Scotty.

Thanks, guys.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page