Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Boston MONDAILY (Read 24 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haven't been posting while on vacation in Hawaii but I am back Smile

Didn't run much there aside from my half marathon. 3 short runs last week a 4 miler and two 2 milers, each run on a different island. I had hoped for a bit longer and/or more runs and if I were traveling alone I certainly would have, but traveling with my family we had a lot on the agenda, so running was not a priority, I fit it in where I could. I was just happy to get any miles at all in. I had an AMAZING trip....I will write a RR for the race/trip in general.

PS-GO MEB!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Here's a quick "hi" at lunchtime.  I"m trying to work while tracking Boston, it's not necessarily a good thing.

I'll run something tonight after work.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Heading over to health club after work, but I think I will skip the leg machines.  Knee feels pretty good today.  Going to start running end of this week (if pain is gone).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

First of all, "GO FUZZY!"

Secondly,

Jerry: enjoy the "vacation."

D: How was the 5-7 miles? Wink

PAD: Good work on the 4. You are running very well, lately.

Nice! I just got a text update as I am typing this. A friend of mine just finished Boston in 2:49:21, 6:27 pace. His goal was 2:50 so he just made it!

sapf: slow miles are nice. I have learned to REALLY appreciate them.

Bin: That is not so crazy for you. Nice pics of the kids on FB.

Ginny: Definitely take it easy. I have made that mistake before (starting up too fast after a big race) and that may have led to an injury.

HsM: just a little work? hehehe...

Fuzzy just finished 2:52:47!

Awood: what is your next race?

She Can: Great new avatar! Sore hips and calves? Go get a massage!

kristin: welcome home. sapf is from NY so you might have a new running partner. NY is a pretty small town, right?

PF: Lol, it's tough when work gets in the way of things...

As for me, I ran 7.3 miles with 5 x 1 mile intervals at a 7:50 pace, give or take. Total time was 1:00:22. Feeling good. I am finally on spring break this week and DW and the kids are back to school. It's nice and quiet around here... For now.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - I'm monitoring my weight and fitness.  I'm going to race as soon as I hit 220 and feel right.  Then, again when I hit 215 again, etc.  I know it's ambitious, but I'm going to be 200 and shoot for a sub 20 by December.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola, Penguins!  Busy day at work today, first time I've been able to peruse the forum.

I did my 25th race - 25th for this year, that is - on Saturday in Luckenbach, Texas.  It was quite interesting and a lot of fun. My report is on the front page somewhere.  I see from the replies and looks that a lot of you have already found it.

On Sunday I followed up my race with a run along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Since it was Easter it was nice and quiet down there, very few folks out.  However, at one point, the Easter Bunny was there, letting folks having breakfast on the outside patios get their photos taken with him.  I should have brought my camera on this run, darn the luck!   Nice fun run by the water.  Temp of only 65 degrees but it was VERY humid  - in the 90 percent range and the dewpoint was in the 70s - as we had thunderstorms threatening.  I was drenched in sweat by the time I was done, even though I didn't go that far, only 3.3 miles.

Today is a rest day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Penguins!!  I'm back from my 3-day weekend, had a good time with DH and my parents!  Now I'm following the Boston Marathon on Twitter.  Oh, and doing a little work here and there!!

Jerryb -- I love those weeks when the boss is gone!!  Though the boss is me, sort of ...

Docket -- I missed it, what's up with your ankle?

PAD -- woo-hoo for your day off and second cousin!!

sapf -- no cable for me either.  Have a good 5!!

Bin -- sounds like crazy fun!!

Ginny -- enjoy your sunny miles!!

Scotty -- I saw the cute kitten pic ... you're totally forgiven!!

Happy dog, happy dog...HAPPY DOG!

The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Wow watched the Boston marathon and it was so inspiring.  Those people are incredible!  Congrats to all of the finishers.   It made me look up the BQ time -- 3:35 -- that's not something in my future.  5 in the books today.  My back/sciatica felt okay while running.  Wow what a beautiful day for running :-)

She can --I have a L4/L5 herniated disc so the sciatica is a chronic thing if I'm not on top of myself with PT exercises.  I'm cleared for running by my dr as long as there's no snow/ice on the ground (he's afraid a slip or fall would cause further injury)

Ginny - what kind of back issues are you dealing with?

Bin - a 10k followed by a HM in the same day?  That's intense!!

Kristin - where in NYC do you live?  I live in Long Island City (queens) and I'm doing a bunch of NYRR races this year to qualify for the 2015 NYM through the 9+1 program.  I'm not sure that I'm actually up for running it -- but I figure it is a year and a half away and I may as well try to qualify.

Jack - nice run today

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

sapf - no serious back issues, but I tend to overdo it in yoga, then spend the next week or so doing lots of Advil and hot pads.  Also some sciatica when we do long drives.

Cherie - a good time to relax and let your body heal.  You had a busy and difficult training period there.  You'll enjoy your runs more when you're completely recovered.

Awood - good job on the mileage increase.  What is your next race?

Kristin - welcome back.  I hope you'll put up a RR for your Hawaiian race.  I understand it was a PR.  Congratulations.

Jack - enjoy the vacation time.  Too bad your wife isn't off at the same time, so you could head into the mountains.  Good time to run though.

Margo - I hope your run went well.

Scotty- sounds like a lovely run yesterday, aside from the humidity.  DP in the 70's, already, yikes!  I hope that doesn't stick around long.

HopesMom - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

My recovery run felt very very hard, but I did 4.6 miles.  I chose to go to the park where it's pretty flat, but I still felt like I was climbing mountains.  A lot of folks were out enjoying the sunshine, but there was only one other runner.  Lots of dogs, kids, bikes, scooters, and prams though, so Ben had an exciting walk with DH.