Beginners and Beyond

True to Self WednesDAILIES (Read 268 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

so I'm jetting out of work a few hours early  Jetting?  Dang, April, just how far away are you from your husband's work? Wink   Good luck with the ITB!

Yep, taking my private jet to an island in the Caribbean for the party. Wink I wish. That would be amazing.

Shakedown Street

7 on some single track slow followed by omelette and about 2K in tha pool

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

@runjerseygirl

Need to burn off some energy.  Heading out now for 3.

Do you even run?

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Yep, taking my private jet to an island in the Caribbean for the party. Wink I wish. That would be amazing.

I actually am doing this.  I'm leaving this weekend to spend Christmas in the Caribbean.  I can't wait to run on the beaches.  

Got a 6 miler in this morning because I don't think I'm going to have time to squeeze it in tonight.   I have a very busy day/night planned.  I was passed by a shirtless man this morning.  It was already 68° when I was running.   Yes, it is December where I am at.   Wink 

Have a great day everyone!!  

Don't believe everything you think. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon everyone.  Today was a fartlek run for me.  8.06 miles with 8x30sec at 3k pace done every half mile between miles 2.5 and 6.  I'm running again this evening with the running group, but that's just 5 miles.  The streak is up to 23 days and will be 26 runs after tonight - kinda fun though annoying at the same time.

Basya...Nice job with the quarters.  Running Times had a great article on speed quarters and strength quarters a couple months back.  Unfortunately, I don't race many shorter distance races so I don't ever get to do those workouts.

Step...Sorry about your sickness, but glad you're surviving.  You still had a great mileage year, regardless of your goal.

Lrb...Good times with the doc!  I tend to avoid them because it always seems pointless.

Ami...I've been terrible with personals lately too.  Sounds like an eventful run this morning!  Those little doxie's can be tough ha.  I don't even know what to say about the shower, that might have killed me.

Seeamyrun...That's a great workout you're doing today.  I hope it goes well for you.

Lilac...Have a great run in the new kicks.  I really liked mine, but sent them back after I split the toe box before I got to 100 miles.  Enjoy the movie too.

RMT3B...Sorry you were frustrated with your run.  For me, snow runs are just about getting the miles in.  The extra effort needed should make up for the slower pace, or at least that's what I tell myself.  Have a good track workout tonight.  I haven't used an indoor track in a while, but I tend to have a problem getting sick from seeing the lines blurring under my eyes indoors.  For some reason, it doesn't affect me as outside. 

BPlus...Way to get it in!

Flippy...Nice job on the run, and I hope that the yoga does the trick for your soreness.

Buchy...It can be tough for a while after a race, so dialing it back seems like a good idea.  Nice job getting the weights in too.

Good afternoon everyone.  Today was a fartlek run for me.  8.06 miles with 8x30sec at 3k pace done every half mile between miles 2.5 and 6.  I'm running again this evening with the running group, but that's just 5 miles.

Jneilt...Looks like a great workout.  I'm going to be getting back in the pool come Jan. myself.  Do you swim multiple strokes?  I just work on freestyle for tris.

Kay...Have fun spending some calories on that 3 miler.

Nightcrawler...Oh wow, what a fun way to spend Christmas!  I'm sure you'll see lots more shirtless men on the beach, if that's your thing ha.  Nice job with the 6.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Jedi: It sounds like you are having a great month mileage wise!  Woot.   That was a heck of a progressive run too - nice!

Yeah mileage getting back to a consistent range again but no where near your levels Heidi!Smile probably keep it around the 55-60mpw range until it's time to start training for a marathon again. All about quality vs. quantity right now.Have fun on the indoor track. I don't like running in snow either.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Weezer88

AmiK - I was actually bitten by a dog a few months agao and it was less than 3/4 of a mile from the house. That sucks about the cold shower.  I don't know how you get out there so early.

I AM WEEZER.

@runjerseygirl

I'm back.  Cool, crisp, invigorating.  Awesome 3 miles.  Feeling good.

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I actually am doing this.  I'm leaving this weekend to spend Christmas in the Caribbean.  I can't wait to run on the beaches. 

I hate you, Nightcrawler. Wink   I love the beach, the ocean, etc.  Lived in Hawaii for 4 years and got spoiled, it became my favorite place in the whole world.  Now it is just way too darn expensive to live there unless I win the lottery.  If that happens, I'll call everyone from the jet that is taking me back there to stay FOREVER. Big grin   Have fun, Nightcrawler!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Shakedown Street

Jneilt...Looks like a great workout.  I'm going to be getting back in the pool come Jan. myself.  Do you swim multiple strokes?  I just work on freestyle for tris.

Mostly free today, I focus on that but tend to mix it up with wu/cd.

I am signed up for my first sprint in April...

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Mostly free today, I focus on that but tend to mix it up with wu/cd.

I am signed up for my first sprint in April...

That's awesome. If you have a chance to get in the open water, I'd highly recommend it. My first sprint swim was a disaster largely bc I didn't practice sighting adequately and was totally unaware that I couldn't swim in a straight line without the help of a lane line.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Purple Toes

5.25 miles for me with my running group. Had a bit of soreness in my legs from my workout yesterday. Those lunges do it every time!  Think tomorrow will either be rest day or yoga.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

I'm new here in the WednesDALIES and a fairly new runner. (6 months now)

I snuck away from work before lunch to get 5 miles in before weather changes tomorrow. Suppose to get rain and 30mph + winds tomorrow. That didnt sound like much fun to run in.

So anyway Happy Wendnesday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Hiya, kids!  

Took a rest day today because my leg insisted.  It's feeling ok at the moment.  Hoping to get out tomorrow morning... We'll see.

Spending the afternoon on my bahooty, quilting away at the next quilt- hoping to have it done for DS' b-day at the end of January.

Sparker, welcome to the dailies!  

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

@runjerseygirl

Welcome, Sparker! :wave:

Do you even run?