Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies if we want them or not (Read 35 times)

And my TM would not work!!! OMG, what would I do???

Go back to running in place in the basement?

Dave

happylily

Go back to running in place in the basement?

Of all the glorious comments I write, you remember that one stupidity? Ok, don't answer that...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

We are lucky that we've never been without power for more than 8 hours. And when it happened, it was summer. But our neighbors were here in 1998, during the ice storm, and they were three weeks without power. If it happened to us now, we would NOT be ready. No canned food, no water, no chopped wood for the fireplace, no generator, no little camping burner, no candles, maybe one flashlight in the whole house (with dead batteries in). And my TM would not work!!! OMG, what would I do???

If you were living here last week you would have been royally screwed. Smile

happylily

If you were living here last week you would have been royally screwed. Smile

LOL... Yes. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh, and if you have perishables in the winter and you lose power, you could store them outside in the snow! It's pretty cold, though you do risk the beer freezing.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Now that the euphoria of today's run has waned, I just realized that I will have the same dilemma (the elements or the bedreaded) tomorrow except with snow thrown into the mix.  Sigh.  

Now that the euphoria of today's run has waned, I just realized that I will have the same dilemma (the elements or the bedreaded) tomorrow except with snow thrown into the mix.  Sigh.  

Get it done in the morning; there will be a few inches overnight tonight, but then stopping, and the big stuff doesn't start till the afternoon.

Dave

LRB

Get it done in the morning; there will be a few inches overnight tonight, but then stopping, and the big stuff doesn't start till the afternoon.

I would prefer to run out of the door.  It is a 50 mile round trip drive to run at the stupid park.