Beginners and Beyond

Happy Fourth o'July, THURSDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Cuban food is overrated.

Or maybe we have too much of it and I'm tired of it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Cuban food is overrated.

Or maybe we have too much of it and I'm tired of it.

No, I kind of concluded that as well.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I get to eat Cuban food about once every 2 years, so it's not quite overrated to me.

Side note - the neighbor is shooting off some big boomer fireworks. It's not dark yet, and it's raining!  Seems to me that he should have waited until better weather.

The first boom sent me scrambling for the rifle. Smile

Well, not quite, but it was a bit of a surprise!

PS - must be raining pretty hard - the satellite just went out. Again.

Might be time to switch to cable or fiber or something. My contract has ended and I'm not sure why I haven't changed TV providers yet.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

The first boom sent me scrambling for the rifle. Smile

lmao!

I heard some shit today and there is no way in hell it was a firework.  That was dynamite!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Wish I had some dynamite. Well, maybe not, but it sure would make a decisive "boom".

I could fire a couple of rounds of .308 into the hill in back, but that's somewhat illegal in the city.

Brava, Oski!

LRB

I could fire a couple of rounds of .308 into the hill in back, but that's somewhat illegal in the city.

I have an old 30.06 that's been passed down a couple few generations.  Talk about boom shakalaka, I love that thing!

Will run for scenery.

Well, my easy 5 turned into a medium 6.  Started slow and felt better as I went so I sped up. Average was11:00.  Run fit nicely between afternoon sun and early evening storm.

Now I just need to select my hydration beverage(s) and wait for the pork to smoke a few more hours.

D - I usually think of travel in terms of food.  But with Miami (I've never been there) all I picture is Mojitos and Piña Coladas. Oh and of course Don Johnson and Gloria Estefan. But mainly the drinks.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Nice racing, Oski!

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I have an old 30.06 that's been passed down a couple few generations.  Talk about boom shakalaka, I love that thing!

Oh Yeah - that will definitely put the "Boom" in your Shakalaka!

Docket_Rocket

Well, pina coladas are Puerto Ricans....

Well, my easy 5 turned into a medium 6.  TswStarted slow and felt better as I went so I sped up. Average was11:00.  Run fit nicely between afternoon sun and early evening storm.

Now I just need to select my hydration beverage(s) and wait for the pork to smoke a few more hours.

D - I usually think of travel in terms of food.  But with Miami (I've never been there) all I picture is Mojitos and Piña Coladas. Oh and of course Don Johnson and Gloria Estefan. But mainly the drinks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Congrats racers!

12 @ 7:53 w/ middle 6 @ 7:40, 7:29, 7:19, 7:10, 6:55, 6:47

Hi dailies:

SRD 2 of 2, if running around like a maniac at work for 10 hours counts as rest.

Tom:  My fireworks were of the 20 gauge variety, highly legal out here in the boonies  Big grin