Beginners and Beyond

Regaining My Health (Read 100 times)

I had my yearly wellness check through work this morning, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to have my lipids checked. I started running and taking nutrition more seriously about 6 months ago, so I was expecting to see some positive changed in my numbers. And I can say definitely, my efforts have been validated.

Weight: Down 25 lbs

Cholesterol: Down 74 points

LDL: Down 32 points

Triglycerides: Down 192 points

Just goes to show what a little effort and sacrifice can do for you!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Pinktastic

Congrats!   That's completely excellent progress!!  Keep up the great work!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Mostly harmless

Congratulations! Go you!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Rungry!

Way to go, ernsm1th! That positive reinforcement feels great, doesn't it? Wink

Jen

SheCan

Way to get down, ernsm1th!   Regaining your health is certainly a reason for celebration!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Love the Half

Sweet.  Good stuff.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Way to go! Good health is always positive for you and for those who count on you.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Nevrgivup

That is great! Keep doing it!!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Luke79

That's great.  You're De-Americanizing yourself :P

Seriously though, grats.

MrNamtor

You're De-Americanizing yourself

Unfortunately too true. Haha.

emsm1th, congrats man. Keep up the great work. Lifestyle, lifestyle, lifestyle. Hell of a good job.

Shakedown Street

i did this a year ago....i love these posts

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Better I Leave

I had my yearly wellness check through work this morning, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to have my lipids checked. I started running and taking nutrition more seriously about 6 months ago, so I was expecting to see some positive changed in my numbers. And I can say definitely, my efforts have been validated.

Weight: Down 25 lbs

Cholesterol: Down 74 points

LDL: Down 32 points

Triglycerides: Down 192 points

Just goes to show what a little effort and sacrifice can do for you!

That is freakin awesome buddy. I know how you feel. Well done. Smile

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Nice work! I'm in the process of doing the same myself. Lost 40 and have diabetes pretty much "in remission" (not taking meds any more) Losing weight is one of the simplest, yet difficult things to do. Everyone knows how, just tough to actually do it.

robinde

Way to go!