Beginners and Beyond

Is the forum format looking 'weird' or is it just my computer? Added: another stupid question... (Read 49 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

When I log in, I get this formatting that looks kinda like HTML...there is a kind of 'site-map' at the top of the page, and then the log-in is below, and then when I log in and open the forum, it is all in blue and shows all the formatting, etc.  I can still post, etc, but it just looks weird.

I checked a few of my other running sites and other websites and so forth and this site is the only one doing it.  How do I fix this so it goes back to 'normal' view.  This "new look' is really annoying!

Thanks!

Added:  When I go to my account info here, and check my e-mail address, there is a  word in red next to it that says "unverified."  Is this legitimate?  If so, how do I 'verify' my email for the website/account?  There is no link or anything when you hover over the word "unverified" to take any action.  So what's up with this?

Sorry about all the "computer idiot" questions about the site, but that is what I am, a computer idiot, I can do 'general stuff' but when it comes to fixing things, etc., forget it.  So thanks for your patience!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Scotty, for me so far there are no changes. I will report to you if it happens, though.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It is looking the same over here on the east side.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks.

Now it is back to normal...very weird.  I don't know what was happening there....maybe someone zapped me somehow...but I ran my protection software and it said no threats, etc., so I don't know what the heck happened.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Love the Half

The NSA is spying on  you Scotty.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Scotty, I have no idea regarding the unverified thing. You know, the forum belongs to Damaris. So, if anything goes wrong, and harm is done to us through this unsecured forum, we can sue her. She's a lawyer, I'm sure she'll understand and won't hold a grudge against us. 

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, I have no idea regarding the unverified thing. You know, the forum belongs to Damaris. So, if anything goes wrong, and harm is done to us through this unsecured forum, we can sue her. She's a lawyer, I'm sure she'll understand and won't hold a grudge against us. 

And maybe I do work for the NSA to boot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

And maybe I do work for the NSA to boot.