Beginners and Beyond

The Saturday DAILIES (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hey, guys. 5K race with hubby, 4 ish for the day.  Had lunch with lilac and April today and we ha tons of fun.  So much fun we forgot to take pics.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for racers!!!  Wait Damais, lilac and April are in NYC?! Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Zelanie, congrats on hitting 15 miles! That's my PB as well!

Scappy, I walk/hiked about 2 miles or so earlier this afternoon and snapped a few photos. It felt pretty good overall. I'll probably do a short run tomorrow AM though.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

MBC and I did 9 miles as she is recovering from a touch of sickness.  I am undecided on my run tomorrow:  9 mile treadmill speed session, or 15-16 mile LR around town.  Leaning towards the latter.

<3

Hi Dailies...

Last night was supposed to be long, but I couldn't decide where I wanted to go or how long.  Finally just headed out the door for however far felt good in whatever direction my legs took me.

Did a random loop, and about a mile and a half from home I got a bug in my head that I wanted to beat my previous long run max of 8.5.  I decided on the fly that I had to top the last distance by a quarter mile to count as a new long, given the inaccuracies of GPS.   A few quick calculations in my head, and I had a route figured out.  Managed to hit 8.75 with a quarter mile to spare before home for a cool down.

Small goals, people.  It's all about setting the small goals.  Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I broke the 2 hour time this morning at the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon! My goal was 1:58:59 and I finished at 1:56:38!!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jess runs for bacon

Free soul, that is huge!!!! Congrats!!!!!

4.5 done around liberty state park with April, then lunch with D! Poor girl got me in ADD mode, sorry! Kristin wine are watching the marathon somewhere along first if you want to come.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

FS, congrats on the huge PR!

- Andrew

outoftheblue

I broke the 2 hour time this morning at the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon! My goal was 1:58:59 and I finished at 1:56:38!!!!!

Fantastic job!!!!!!

Life is good.

outoftheblue

4.5 done around liberty state park with April, then lunch with D! Poor girl got me in ADD mode, sorry! Kristin wine are watching the marathon somewhere along first if you want to come.

Sounds like everyone had fun at the FE.   Have fun tomorrow!

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats on the big PR, Freesoul!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Nicely done FS!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Yay for racers!!!  Wait Damais, lilac and April are in NYC?! Sad

They were here for a day, I think.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nah.  You guys were as cool as I thought you would.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB, I rarely feel like swimming but once I'm in the pool it's amazing.

I remember that feeling, that is so true!

Ender's Game is a decent flick, and as is the norm these days it is set up for a sequel.  That is not necessarily a bad thing though.