Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins! (Read 24 times)

Bin Running

Mitch, just 3 days.. in on Fri and back on Sun.

Cherie, you are so kind with your words.. In fact, I learnt so much abt running and lifestyle in where you guys are.. Picked up lots of news words from scotty and some jokes from the like of yourself, jimmy and awood.. and others too..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Hi Penguins! Just a quick drop in. Scotty- 81f is just too warm. Mitch- 61F is more my style. I managed to come down with a virus 5 days ago and I am just now on the mend. No running for a few days. In a day or 2 it will be getting near 40F! Woot! I start training for my first 10K. Following the Train Like a Mother Own it plan. I may have to trade track intervals for hills but I hope to stick pretty close to the plan. Oh, I got new shoes. NB 860 V.4. V3 worked well and I really liked v.4 at the store.

I wish it was only 81F here.  81F is mild for us lately.

Hi, Pens.  Still recovering, the pain is almost gone (yay) but my BP is still high since the surgery (boo).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Damaris, wish you a speedy recovery..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad the pain is going away, D.

Hope the kids are better by now, Bin.

Good luck with the 10K training, Stone.  When is the race?

Bin Running

Thanks, Jerry.. They are better now..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Well, I got outside anyway, even though I didn't run. We only had two inches of snow overnight, followed by temps in the 40's, so by midafternoon all the new stuff was gone.  The old snow will take a while longer, especially the mountains of snow in the parking lots.  DH and I took Ben out to the park and watched him run and play in the snow (on a long leash).  My leg is fine while walking, so I'll probably try to run a bit tomorrow and see how it goes.