Beginners and Beyond

Saturday's Stouthearted, Spunky Penguins! (Read 26 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Good morning!  I didn't get my walk in yesterday.  Instead I watched some basketball with DH.  He was telling me that Golden State was fun to watch, and in the end they didn't disappoint.

Today I walk, tomorrow I hike, then Monday (early AM, I think) I go for my one mile test run!  Hoping for a successful run!

Good luck to this weekend's racers!

tracilynn

Where is everyone?

Enjoy your weekend zel

I wasnt able to run yesterday. This kitchen Reno is killing me!  After we paid someone (dipshit)  good chunk of $ to put the dishwasher in we took it back out last night and reinstalled it correctly. Up til 12. Won't be calling him again. Gonna run today if it kills me and it might because lots of thunderstorms  blowing through today.

Scotty, when will you hear back about your biopsy ?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Dad on the run.

Traci - I'm here! Just got home from our race today. Fantastic race for a really cool cause.

I also set a new PR today! Mitch you will be proud! But I can't tell you the time until the race report. Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Zel: I hope the knee is doing ok.

Traci: We've been there... it is NO fun. You will be thrilled when it is finished.

JBJ: Well done, son!! Smile

DW and I are driving to San Diego to get our packets. We are going to pick up DS from school and go for lunch somewhere in La Jolla. Race day tomorrow!! We are excited and it will be a lot of fun. A friend of ours is also running. We'll see about a RR.

Have a good weekend.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had a great race this morning, almost a minute PR!  19:26, third in my age group (last year I would have won my AG with that time, someone invited the fast guys lol).  Went out a lil fast, but not too bad, getting better at it.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

On the road to CT for a wedding. Hd a great 5.25 mile run this mornng. You were all right, my bad run Thurs led to a great run today! Happy to be over 5 miles again!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Checking in quickly, did the 5K this morning. 34:44 which is 5 seconds slower than my PR, but I have only ran outside once since surgery, and the temps were 76 with a 72 dew point. Saying I was miserable would be an understatement! I just can't handle running when its warm, I'm such a hot natured person already! Overall, I'm happy with my time, though I know I could have pushed harder. Did I mention I was miserable? Lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Well, somewhere!  I did 6 miles including a 5K race and was very happy with how I did.  RR already posted.

Weights tonight.

Good luck to our Penguin racers this weekend!  Go out there and RUN!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That is an awesome time since surgery!  Congrats!  And yes, 76 and 72 is a bad combination (we've had worse, you too, but it sucks!)

Checking in quickly, did the 5K this morning. 34:44 which is 5 seconds slower than my PR, but I have only ran outside once since surgery, and the temps were 76 with a 72 dew point. Saying I was miserable would be an understatement! I just can't handle running when its warm, I'm such a hot natured person already! Overall, I'm happy with my time, though I know I could have pushed harder. Did I mention I was miserable? Lol

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Finished my mountain 10k today.   Even though I'm super slow I did well in this one because I'm really good at running up hills.  I ended up 2nd OA female and 1st in my AG!  Best I have ever done.  Because it was the most challenging 10k I've ever run, my time reflected how difficult it was:  1:07:22, YIKES!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Good day today. This am I took the baby in the jog stroller for 2.9 miles. Then I helped clean and made lunch. Just got back from the track with the 5 yr old. We did 2 miles.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

tracilynn

Woohoo !  PRs  and age group wins everywhere!Shocked

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Holy cow at the times being posted today. Congrats to everyone. I may run a bit later for a few recovery miles, we'll see.

One Half So Far

Got in 6 last night.  Is unseasonably hot here.  80s in April in Oregon = wtf?

Zel: Hope the knee holds up.  Whatcha got coming up?

Traci: Yeesh, hard to find good help these days.

Jblack: Looking forward to RR.

Jack K: Have fun there!  La Jolla's beautiful.

D^2: Sub 20 = awesome Smile

Kristin: Yay!  Have fun today!

Coralie: Happy, yet miserable.  Yep, been there done that.

Damaris: Off to read the RR!  5K is like a short sprint for you now, eh?

Cherie: Grats!  AG win always a good thing no matter the time.

Tomas: Fun times running with the lil ones!

AFM, should do a long run tomorrow...8 or 9, maybe.  Need to avoid the marathon route, which goes right by my house.  Maybe I'll do the scenic loop to the paper mill and charcoal plant........hmm.

Have a healthy weekend, amigos.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.