Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Where We Ask The question, If Men Are Dogs... (Read 220 times)

Nice!  I'll have to look up the Livestrong.

And I managed to get a surprise run in after all- my sister offered to come over after the kids were in bed, and I took her up on it.  3 miles.  My knee was bothering me the last half mile or so but not so badly that I had to stop running.  This means that now I don't have to get up at 6 in order to squeeze a run in before DH leaves at 7 tomorrow.  More sleep= woohoo!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Kristin, I'm glad you fit three miles into your day. And yay for more sleep!

I posted on FB, asking what the distance from the top to the bottom of Mount Scopus is. A friend who's a native of Jerusalem said that it's a ten-minute walk, maybe fifteen minutes.

B-Plus

Kristin - Cool story. Your husband should tell Mr. Hartill that it's Calgary, Alberta not Calgary, BC Big grin

We had a great weekend of runs folks. What's with all the injury talk today?

7.5 miles @ 8:10 w/ 7 strides.

I snoozed for 2 hours this morning, so no double.

Kristin - Cool story. Your husband should tell Mr. Hartill that it's Calgary, Alberta not Calgary, BC Big grin

We had a great weekend of runs folks. What's with all the injury talk today?

7.5 miles @ 8:10 w/ 7 strides.

I snoozed for 2 hours this morning, so no double.

Oh, my goodness, I didn't even catch that.  Oops!!  lol!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

@runjerseygirl

Despite the fact that my TV is on when I'm on the stupid thing, I am not really watching it.

My best treadmill sessions are when I "go somewhere" in my head while on it.  Otherwise, it blows.

These are my best runs in general.  On and off the treadmill.  "Active meditation."

Do you even run?

Better I Leave

Despite the fact that my TV is on when I'm on the stupid thing, I am not really watching it.

Interesting. I'm the same way. I told my wife this weekend that I'm installing a TV in the Home Gym and she's down with it. I don't have the TV on when I lift, but when I'm doing TM work, I do...but I really don't watch it per se as I have my ear buds on and gettin' into my music.

5:17 mile at the Meet of Miles races at the U of MN Field House. I ran 2 seconds slower than last year. At this pace I will still have a shot at sub-6 at age 70. Smile Actually I'm pretty happy considering my crappy last three months of 2012 running.  1.8 mile warm-up that included some strides. Not as much as I would have liked but it worked out.

B-Plus

Oh, my goodness, I didn't even catch that.  Oops!!  lol!

I prefer to keep those Calgarians out of my province Joking

Fuzzy, great pace!