Beginners and Beyond

Flash Flood Warning Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I posted about them yesterday.  No.  He gets to go to the gastro to check for an ulcer.

Sorry to hear this.  Hope he does not have an ulcer.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  Today is most likely a RD.  I have a short hike planned, but if I feel like running some miles, then I will. Smile  Last night I waited until it was almost dark, so it was a TM run, but it turned into a nice enough run anyway.  And congrats to Team USA on another win!

sapf- Can't DH get himself out the door in the AM?   Good luck tonight!

PAD- Congrats on registering for another marathon!  I saw you in the racing thread. Smile  Is that news, or had you already signed up?

Jerry- Running after the dentist is nice, because it's about the only thing you can do and have people not really notice that you're drooling.

D- Glad you're OK!  How's your dad?  And when are DH's next round of tests?  They thought I had an intestinal bleed, too, fwiw, but it turned out to be apparently nothing.  I don't know if those numbers are scarier for a tall man, though.  Hopefully they figure it out!

Scotty- Do you like ginger snaps?

HsM- Woohoo for the solar panels!  We closed on our loan already, but looks like installation will be November because they are pretty booked.

Actually, no, lol....my favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and fig newtons

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

mmm, figgie newtons!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear this.  Hope he does not have an ulcer.

Well, the only other alternatives have cancer in the title so I am sorta hoping it is JUST an ulcer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

sapf - good luck with your 5k tonight.  It shouldn't be terribly hot, which is a real bonus this time of year.

PAD - what marathon?  Did you get a run in today?

Jerry - good luck at the dentist.  I hope you got a short run in afterwards.

D - sorry you got hurt again.

Scotty - I hope you can find a dry place to run this evening.

HM - have fun at rehearsal tonight. My dad used to do a lot of nursing home gigs when he had his small "kitchen band."  Now he's in an independent living facility which has it's own singing groups, so he still gets to perform occasionally.

Z - I hope you had a good hike today.

emmbee - I saw you were starting on iron supplements.  I hope you can tolerate them better than I did.  I tried OTC iron pills and they really upset my digestion, making it hard to run.  Since I was borderline anemic, I decided to drop them, for now.  Be careful with your timing since they interact badly with some meds (like my thyroid pills) and foods (calcium).

AFM:  We had two quiet nights camped in a state forest in MD with a nice 13 mile hike on very wet overgrown trail yesterday.  That's the longest hike DH and Ben have done in a long while, so it was slow, but it was a beautiful day and we had plenty of time. We crossed lots of creeks, so Ben was able to get wet often, which he loves.  They've had a lot of rain but none of the crossings was more than knee deep.  We got home today around noon, emptied the camper and went out to lunch.  When that digests, I'll go for a short run.

From the Internet.

MY FUCKING TOE IS BROKEN.

I love you all but I will be out for a few weeks. I have no AC in my car so I'm both sweaty and mad - off to shower, strap my foot back into its stupid ugly boot, and then spending the next 6 weeks weeping and watching Netflix in bed.

Zelanie

Oh, no Lauren!  Another reason why we should spend all of our non-running time bubble wrapped and watching Netflix.  Are you able to get in the pool at all?

Ginny- Sounds like a great camping trip!

From the Internet.

Oh, no Lauren!  Another reason why we should spend all of our non-running time bubble wrapped and watching Netflix.  Are you able to get in the pool at all?

Ginny- Sounds like a great camping trip!

I will be able to spend 1-2 hours/day 7 days a week in the pool once I set up my YMCA membership. I will be goddamned if I lose ANY of my hard-earned fitness from this.

Zelanie

That road better watch out when you get back on it.

Docket_Rocket

Oh no, Lauren!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Z I did just post it. I had been planning on it and registered before the price increase.

Ginny - The Dallas Marathon