Beginners and Beyond

For those who follow the elites..... (Read 100 times)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I believe he is "consulting" her and not being paid. And you're right, I'm sure he isn't too worried about the $ right now. What will be interesting is what she decides to do after high school.

Seems like he'd love to do with her what he did with Rupp... except for the sketchy medications, probably.  Doesn't seem like she needs them.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

You gonna eat that?

She's a high school student who presumably wants to run in college. So she can't have a sponsor, and she (her parents) have to pay Salazar to maintain NCAA eligibility.

Jess runs for bacon

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere she can't be sponsored yet due to HS. Daaamn she's fast.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

To give another perspective, and remember she broke the US Junior record (under-20) as well, Last year the women's 1500m World Junior Championship was won in 4:04.96 and two years before that in 4:08 and change. It doesn't quite put her in the top 20 all-time junior women, but the top 4 women have had some suspicions, never proven, of using PEDs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You may also be interested in the write-up as Cain upstages Farah on the IAAF website.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.