Beginners and Beyond

Wonderful Wednesday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by lily yesterday:  Scotty, I never would have thought you had such a varied landscape around San Antonio. Beautiful parks! San Antonio is now on my list of places to retire to if I can ever escape here mortgage free.

Yep, all things considered, it is a pretty nice city, even though the summer heat can be brutal.  Low cost of living, pretty nice weather most of the year round...and we even have a nudist colony! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I'm in Detroit.  Even further north...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Posted by lily yesterday:  Scotty, I never would have thought you had such a varied landscape around San Antonio. Beautiful parks! San Antonio is now on my list of places to retire to if I can ever escape here mortgage free.

Yep, all things considered, it is a pretty nice city, even though the summer heat can be brutal.  Low cost of living, pretty nice weather most of the year round...and we even have a nudist colony! 

Haha!  I see how it is, if the climate and geography don't tempt us, you'll try to tempt us with nudity!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Z - have fun running with the track group.

Mitch - enjoy your 5 miles.  I hope the FIL's surgery goes well.

Bin - good job on the 5.

Awood - I hope your hotel has a TM for you to do your miles.

Kristin - I'm glad you enjoyed your spin class.  After so long not being able to exercise, be careful not to overdo now.

Cherie - good job getting yourself out the door and completing the 8 1/2.

Damaris - I hope your cough eases up so you can get some miles in tonight.

Obiebyke - hurray for the clearance to run.  Have fun.

SO42 - can you at least change directions on the track, or did you have to do all your laps in the same direction?  That could cause hip problems.

OFS - a good soccer game will give you lots of fast running.  Good job.

HM - I'm glad the scan was clear.  I hope the knee continues to improve.

Scotty - enjoy your run through the park.  San Antonio does have some lovely places to run.

AFM:  I got out and ran 6 on a hilly route.  I didn't intend to go that far, but it turned out to be farther than I thought.  Oh well.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ginny- Nice run.

The treadmill here is not doing well.  I managed to get 4 miles on it.  Not too bad for being on the road.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Hello all.

Week 1, Day 1 of C25K just kicked my butt. Mainly because my exercise itchies are back because of the break. That should go in a week or so though. 2.1 miles done in 35 minutes, such a neeeeeewb!

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Ginny: They alternate the direction of the track on different days. I don't run on it very often, 2 or 3 times a month maybe. Usually at the gym I'll just use the TM. Much less boring than the indoor track since on the TM I can at least watch TV 

Docket_Rocket

Doc just called, and my CT scan was just fine!!

Woohoo!

I had a nice 7.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Scotty, we are 12hrs ahead of New York..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Daisy just collapsed and I had to hospitalize her.  They tentatively believe it was a seizure but she is the one sick with the liver disease so they won't know until more tests.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page