Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

delicate flower

The Super Bowl should be at 1 PM on Sunday, like most all other NFL games. It should be played in a cold, snowy stadium like Cleveland! At least then, there'd be a championship team in that stadium for a change!

Super Bowl's at The Meadowlands next year.  I will be hoping for a blizzard!

<3

LRB

Good morning, everyone!

Kay, that's me right now. I hope that your IT band work goes well.

Gustav, enjoy your rest day.

AprilRunner, feel good, whatever you do.

Damaris, have a great weight training session and an awesome recovery run. I hope that the ***** doesn't cause you any aggravation.

Baboon, I hope that your time on the elliptical machine goes well. I can't believe that tomorrow is almost here.

Lily, have fun with SO.

Scott, what do you plan to do at the gym?

flarunner, bravo being done already.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Tom, enjoy your recovery run. May the appointment with the dentist go smoothly.

I slept in a bit today. I'll run at recovery pace on the TM at the gym tonight. I'm not sure how long. I'm not sure whether I'll do hill repeats. I'll do ab work, too.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Easy recovery 4.2m this morning. Ran with a bunch of fast friends yesterday for my LR and ran the fastest 13.2 in training to date in 1:45:18. Not something I'd do every week, but kept up with them for most of the time and hung in back of pack at times. We ran most miles on hilly HM course. Feeling good with 5 weeks till race. I too stayed up too late, but fell asleep in 4Q anyway.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Morning dailies!  Kinda bummed I went to sleep during the power outage and missed the good parts of the game, but when I got up at 4:30 AM, I was happy about the sleep.  DH and I did P90X Chest and Back this morning and will each have an easy 4-miler this afternoon after work.  It's supposed to snow again but hopefully won't be too bad!  High of 35 so downright warm compared to the last few days.  Have a great day and enjoy your coffee (I have never had coffee....ever....I am a weirdo!)

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

The Super Bowl should be at 1 PM on Sunday, like most all other NFL games. It should be played in a cold, snowy stadium like Cleveland! At least then, there'd be a championship team in that stadium for a change!

I grew up in Alaska, so the Super Bowl was always in the afternoon for us. I've now lived on the East Coast for as long as I lived in Alaska (12 years) but it's STILL weird to me that it's in the evening.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

April - did you do a RR for your race?

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Robert31320

Team TJ

SRD for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! After a crappy week I've gained three pounds and I'm ready to get running. I'll do a few easy miles on the TM tonight and get back on my ITB rehab this week. I have two 5ks this weekend so I need to get ready.

April, congrats again on your PR yesterday Smile Especially on that beast of a course!

YAYpril - B-Plus

April - did you do a RR for your race?

Nope! I suppose I could. I'll write one. Smile

Docket_Rocket

I expect one in 30 minutes!

Nope! I suppose I could. I'll write one. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Geesh!! A girl gets up at 6, is in the pool by 7:15, swims a kilometer and look how many replies already!!

I was feeling really really tired on Thursday after a double swim day. I have been keeping track of my swim

days separate from my marathon schedule. I looked at both yesterday and realized that between swimming

and running, often both on the same day, I haven't taken a day off in 31 days, including today. I really need

to schedule one of those in soon.

Baboon, you have a lot of pep in your post for someone who didn't get much sleep and hosted a party! Enjoy

your last pre-surgery day!

Lily, love the Hip!!  Don't worry about the rockers, I predict most of the audience will be 35+! Drive safely and

have a blast!

Flarunner, glad you were able to take care 'o business........reminds me of one of my favorite BTO songs!

Jedi, great run yesterday!

To all those resting today, enjoy to the fullest!!!

To those who haven't had their workouts yet I hope they are great ones!!

runmomto3boys

8 recovery paced miles on tap for tonight.

Mostly harmless

Good morning. I have 8 on tap today. I'm planning to run the 1 mile hill near my house (and back) 4 times. I had to switch my March marathon from 3/17 in Virginia Beach (flat) to 3/16 in Washington DC (hilly). So, no more long runs at the C&O Canal in this training cycle as I need to get used to running hills on tired legs.

Kay - That pic is exactly how I feel. Late game followed by early morning. Enjoy your rest day.

Gustav - Enjoy your rest day too.

LRB - Clown

AprilRunner - Congrats on the 10K PR yesterday. Have fun at the gym later.

Damaris - Fingers crossed for a bitch-free day at work for you.

Baboon - Have fun on the elliptical today. Best of luck tomorrow with your surgery.

happylilly - You might want pick up some ear plugs. I don't go to rock concerts without them anymore.  Have fun at the show!

Sparker - Have a good time at the gym.

flarunner - Glad the 5 went well despite your pit stop.

Kristin - Happy SRD. :-)

RunTomRun - I hope your recovery run goes down as nicely as that coffee.  You'll get at least part of your wish with the Superbowl next year.  It will be played in New Jersey, outside in the cold.  I doubt the start time will change though, they need those west coast viewers.

BasyaSpiliakos - I hope you have a good one on the TM later.  Do some ab work for me please, I never do it even though I need it.

Jedi - Nice work on the speedy training HM yesterday! It sounds like your PR is going to change soon!

AmiK - Good work with the P90X. I hope your run later goes well.

Robert - Enjoy your SRD.

lilac_jive - I hope this week is decidedly less crappy than last week. Enjoy the TM miles tonight.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi