Beginners and Beyond

Hey Wednesday Penguins - I Used To Bowl A Lot, So I'm In Pretty Good Shape! (Read 238 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Ooh, Happy early birthday, Vance!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hey all!  7.72 miles outside today.  I had taken a week of SRD.  Felt great out there.  Forecast has 10-16" of blowing and drifting snow over the next couple of days - how exciting!  LOL   Saturday I will be running outside unless it is just aweful - celebrate my birthday with a solid outside run.

Oh man! I am jealous! We are only to get 1-2 or 2-4, where I am located we are right on the border the higher amounts. I am hoping for more! 

Happy Birthday! 

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Been meaning to tell you I love your new avi!  And yes, buy the 5.  It's awesome.

Thanks, Damaris. It was from October. A friend of mine works all year long raising money for Susan G Komen and every year we have a "Pink Bra tour" where about 80 of us rent a bus and two commuter vans and load up for a night on the town, wearing our cute, pink, decorated, bra's on the outside! It's a TON of fun! 

So for this year she is just under $8,000 total raised for Susan G Komen! She has "scrap-a-thon's" for scrapbookers and everything! It's great! 

and I can't wait for iphone 5. 

My first races EVER! 

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Back from getting 3 miles in. Good thing my friend tracked it for us because I forgot to start my app. DOH. 

My breathing was good, my muscles are still pretty tight especially my psoas muscle (hip flexor) so i stopped, came home and did some good stretching. 

My first races EVER! 

Hi Pens...

It's 58 here but feels like 28!  Smile  Actually, it did get down to 38 last night and that is pretty cold for here. It should be around 63 today.Tonight,  I should be able to spare my DDs the disgust and leave my tights in the drawer.  I have a 5 mile tempo run on tap and will try for a 7:45 pace.  Mre importantly, today is my last day! Vacation time... YEAH BABY!!!  DW and I will be wrapping and cooking for the next few days. Santa is bringing us both an iPhone5 but we can't open them yet because of older DD. She is also getting one and they have to be activated at the same time, blah blah blah... Sorry, I digress. 

Have a great day. 

Jack you will love the iPhone 5! It is so much sleeker and faster than my old 4!!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maybe it's a sweatshop in India. Bin, I called a toll free help number in India once...some American guy answered...

Congrats on getting your run in, Tori!   Hoping for more snow....crazy person...Wink

Happy birthday in advance, Vance!  Dang, reading all the weather conditions for your real-winter folks, I'm glad I'm in San Antonio!  It may get to below freezing here once in a while, but it doesn't last long, and we certainly don't have snow, thank goodness. I hate cold weather.  Give me my 82 degrees anytime!

Your weather sounds like mine, Nightcrawler.  It was 69 this morning at 6 a.m. when I got up!

Yay for vacation, Jack, enjoy!   What, your DDs don't think you look good in your tights?  So what you do to resolve this is let them see you in a thong once...they'll beg you to put back on the tights!  Big grin

Hope the weather behaves for your miles, Mike!

Enjoy your vacation, HsM!  Sounds like a fun run you had, though, playing with Dusty.  At least he can run looking back.  I tried that, I'd smack into a tree, lol. Umm, what does the "D" mean in your exercise code?  Like W3D1.  I guess W is walk?  I have no idea what D means.

You have to work until 7, Zelanie?  That makes for a flippin' long day! Hope you're able to get your run in.  Won't it be dark by then?

Congrats on your awewome run, Brady!  What, clean the house?  Naw, just let 'em see how you usually live.  This always encourages my relatives not to come back, lol.   Of course, my family is not all that close - and everyone in my family, including me, is a bit nutso - so for us, it's a good thing we don't see each other, it gets crazy...imagine 20 Marx Brothers all in the same room... if you've ever seen that Jimmy Stewart old-time movie, "You Can't Take It With You"...that is my family, right there, describes us perfectly, lol.  If you haven't seen it, watch it...it's hilarious.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Enjoy your vacation, HsM!  Sounds like a fun run you had, though, playing with Dusty.  At least he can run looking back.  I tried that, I'd smack into a tree, lol. Umm, what does the "D" mean in your exercise code?  Like W3D1.  I guess W is walk?  I have no idea what D means.

I'm redoing couch to 5k, so that's week 3 day 1.  Yeah, Dusty is always a trip!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: Thanks! Actually, it is my first ever smart phone so I won't know the difference. I even got an Otterbox for it. Smile

Scotty: That is a good idea! I am going to save that one for the future! 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Why?  Because of all the BS here (I don't mean penguins here, you know what I mean)? Joking

A coworker came to work today IN PAJAMAS!  WTF?

When I work from home, I wear pajamas sometimes.  I wouldn't think of going into an office that way though.

I wasn't sure you had noticed the "BS".  Kudos to you for not posting in those threads.  I post the occasional funny photo in there, but I don't think anyone is getting the message.  I've actually been posting primarily in penguins, and RR's.  Maybe it's just the holidays, but I'm just not interested in the negativity that seems to be floating around.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congrats on your awewome run, Brady!  What, clean the house?  Naw, just let 'em see how you usually live.  This always encourages my relatives not to come back, lol.   Of course, my family is not all that close - and everyone in my family, including me, is a bit nutso - so for us, it's a good thing we don't see each other, it gets crazy...imagine 20 Marx Brothers all in the same room... if you've ever seen that Jimmy Stewart old-time movie, "You Can't Take It With You"...that is my family, right there, describes us perfectly, lol.  If you haven't seen it, watch it...it's hilarious.

That's my new favorite word.  I'll give it a definition later, but I'm going to start using it now.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Brady - I could see you getting sub-25 with no problem!

Zel - Specialty alloys can be difficult to explain.  When I tell my friends that I'm going to lunch with a customer from the steel mill, they always say, "Don't you sell steel?  Do you sell steel to the steel mill?".  Yes, and yes.  If you're not on either side of that transaction, it can be difficult to explain.

n8ugv - Just send that snow this way.  I need some.

Tori - Good to see that you're back, and posting some miles.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

When I work from home, I wear pajamas sometimes.  I wouldn't think of going into an office that way though.

I wasn't sure you had noticed the "BS".  Kudos to you for not posting in those threads.  I post the occasional funny photo in there, but I don't think anyone is getting the message.  I've actually been posting primarily in penguins, and RR's.  Maybe it's just the holidays, but I'm just not interested in the negativity that seems to be floating around.

Awewome!Joking

And I agree.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Uh oh..you don't want to know what I wear then, when I work at home. Wink   And I'm at my work office right now and not wearing any pants.  So I get no work interruptions cuz no one wants to come over here. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

When I work from home, I definitely don't wear pajamas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6@10:00 on the bike path With dw.  AW, reference to hump day was totally coincidental.