Beginners and Beyond

Up and at em' It's thursday penguins! (Read 32 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

8 miles tonight..........but I think I also might have set an 8 mile PR.........best yet......without trying. Confused   (8:43 pace)  It was supposed to an "easy" run and I didn't even look at my watch til 6 miles.  I'd have guessed about 9+ pace so 8:44 at 6 was quite surprising.

I think all that 10K training has reeeeeally paid dividends much more than I thought it could.

I hope I sleep like a baby tonight. Sleepy

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I also did 8. It was way harder than it should have been because of the bloody heat. It's my own fault for leaving at 5:30.

Redrum: well done on your pace record. Do you have any races coming up? I enjoy your RRs, brother!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I hear ya brother! Wink  I couldn't leave until at least 7.  Yesterday was so nice but today was quite a bit warmer. (I think it was still 83 degrees when I Ieft the house....ugh!)

I thought about running the Riverside (Mission Inn) Half Marathon but I hate the thought of giving those folks $60 when it used to be a $40 race.  (Money grubbers).  I'm also not exactly confident in my potential for a half, but WTH, I was iffy on the 10K too so I'd probably do just fine.

I'll look around.  If we can hook up something local, we could definitely do a So Cal FE.

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh heck yes, that would be cool, But only if you get a nice JYD picture. Wink A friend of mine is doing the Mission HM. I thought about it but I'm afraid it's too close to my first marathon.  I'm doing a 10k on oct 27 in beautiful La Puente.

Amazonian Princess

Two minutes and 2 seconds in plank position - double the amount of time from where I started. Yep, it was planktastic Smile

Did a quick two miles last night because I got home from work pretty late. Used my new Knuckle Lights and found then strangely hypnotic, so much that when a neighbor said Hi  to me from his front lawn, it about scared the crap out of me! Weights and core with the trainer tonight and planning to run tomorrow morning since I have the day off for working last Sunday - yay!!

It's been nice following the Tracilynn Penguin Planktember Challenge, but since we've still got half a month left - "Streaktember" anyone? For those that aren't able to run every day, maybe a name-your-own running related streak? For myself, I think I'd try to commit to doing PT exercises for my hip tightness so I can run stronger... and so I can be ready for"Squat-tober" Wink

I can. I will. I am.