Beginners and Beyond

Thursday DAILIES (Read 51 times)

delicate flower

4 days until I get my life back

4 days until Phil gets his wife back

4 days until the cats stop yelling at me when I get home from work at 11.

Also, The Masters started today, so "FORE!!!"

I got my hour of elliptical done.  It tired me out.  Homemade sausage, mushroom, broccoli, and feta pizza made for good recovery food.

<3

B-Plus

10.6 @ 7:41 w/ 2 x 15 min @ 6:42, 6:39. It was a bit slower than the last time I did this workout, 6:35, 6;34, but I'm happy with the effort, given that I likely still have Sunday's race in my legs.

Basya - Coffee sounds like a great idea. I'll think I'll go out for a cup of stovetop in a bit.

LRB

10.6 @ 7:41 w/ 2 x 15 min @ 6:42, 6:39. It was a bit slower than the last time I did this workout, 6:35, 6;34, but I'm happy with the effort, given that I likely still have Sunday's race in my legs.

I went through something similar the first quality workout I had after an event.  I subsequently will pick and choose more carefully the type and length of speed work immediately following a race.

Docket_Rocket

Didn't you run a race this weekend?  You did fine.  I usually go through something like that.  When racing marathons, I don't notice as much since the pace is always slow, though, LOL, but I noticed on fast runs.

Basya - Coffee sounds like a great idea. I'll think I'll go out for a cup of stovetop in a bit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rondog65

Hello Dailies,

Local restaurant opened for the season so a group of us HAD to venture forth for opening day.  So I HAD to eat a bacon cheeseburger and HAD to have the fries.  Got home and family was off doing family stuff and returned with a DQ Blizzard for me so I HAD to eat the whole thing as to not offend their kind and generous offer.  Good thing today is a SRD, not sure if I could get a waddle in.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

LRB

Hello Dailies,

Local restaurant opened for the season so a group of us HAD to venture forth for opening day.  So I HAD to eat a bacon cheeseburger and HAD to have the fries.  Got home and family was off doing family stuff and returned with a DQ Blizzard for me so I HAD to eat the whole thing as to not offend their kind and generous offer.  Good thing today is a SRD, not sure if I could get a waddle in.

BLOOF!  Which can be a good thing from time to time.  ; )

Phil, excellent elliptical workout. The pizza sounds yummy.

B-Plus, you raced this past Sunday. Your speedwork was great, considering that.

Rondog65, it sounds like you had a delicious day.

Weights, another round of thirty-five push-ups, and forty-five minute on the ArcTrainer are done. Also done: putting my foot down with someone who called with a last-minute (tomorrow) babysitting request. I said that I'd love to, but that I already have plans. She asked what I'm doing; I said that I don't feel comfortable discussing it. (Knowing her, if I were to tell her the truth, that I'm running after work tomorrow because I'm going into work an hour earlier than usual, she'd try to cajole me into changing my plans yet another time, for her kids.)

Hip Redux

Good for you Basya!  She can't just expect you to be available whenever.

Kettlebell class done.   Lunges, side lunges, swings, blah blah, I'm tired.

Rondog65

Docket Rocket forgot to say I like your new avatar.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

LRB

Also done: putting my foot down with someone who called with a last-minute (tomorrow) babysitting request. I said that I'd love to, but that I already have plans. She asked what I'm doing; I said that I don't feel comfortable discussing it. (Knowing her, if I were to tell her the truth, that I'm running after work tomorrow because I'm going into work an hour earlier than usual, she'd try to cajole me into changing my plans yet another time, for her kids.)

Next time, tell her you have not gone # 2 in three days, she will hang so fast you will think the call dropped!

Hip Redux

Next time, tell her you have not gone # 2 in three days, she will hang so fast you will think the call dropped!

Or tell her you have whatever the hell LTH had and are spending your free time on the toilet.  lol

LRB

Or tell her you have whatever the hell LTH had and are spending your free time on the toilet.  lol

Ya know, I never did read that stupid thing.  Hopefully I don't repeat whatever he did and end up in the same boat lol!

Hello, dailies:

FLA - 'morning, even though it's now dark

Basya - have a good workout

Baboon - glad the knee is feeling well

Tom - enjoy the SRD

D - nice streak

kristin - off work but still running, I like it

jeep - great day to you

hog - no time for  coffee today

D^2 - good luck tapering

Bruce - lovely weather

DaveP - so, you don't wear yoga pants for yoga, do you?

April - have a nice double.  No one gets named February, fret not.

AmiK - that sounds painful, hope you recover quickly

Basya - kids are awesome that way.  Shit.  There are no Tim Hortons in Boston, eh?

Rick - "so far it has just been a shit year weather wise no matter how you look at it."  Whoa now, there was that one day that was warm.   I've been a Nike hater since high school, hope the Kayanos are good to you.

Fuzzy - haha, the ol' 2 at MP means something big is around the corner...Wink

Marjorie - good run

Zelanie - glad you got a run in

Ric-G - Daayvee and Goliath?

Step - Dave's not here!

Scotty - LOL, that is all.

B+ - nice run

Ron - holy fat day

Oski - good workout, those things look heavy.

7 miles with the last 2 at MP in a world glazed by freezing rain, 7:46 overall.  Started packing a little bit, one day of work left before the adventure begins Big grin

Hip Redux

7 miles with the last 2 at MP in a world glazed by freezing rain, 7:46 overall.  Started packing a little bit, one day of work left before the adventure begins Big grin

Yay!

Still on the fence on whether or not to take my day off Monday and spend it in Boston.

She hates that I have an unrestricted class A LTC. And her hubby is a rabid Sox fan. I'm almost tempted to go, wearing my Yankees hat and S&W t-shirt.