Beginners and Beyond

Here Comes the Rain FriDAILIES (Read 50 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kristin, I have to wonder if your work transition might be contributing to running stress.  Life/emotions DEFINITELY affect my running for sure--I tighten up and my asthma gets bad and allll my runs get slow when I'm super-stressed.  So weird.  I hope you're able to transition out of this with maximum happiness. Smile And you know, you can keep in touch with some of the kids, right? like send them things--I try to do that with my students, but it's always hard to keep up.

I think you are definitely right. I have had a lot of anxiety about the transition and a ton of mixed emotions. I have been way more stressed lately as a result. Unfortunately I can't really keep in touch with my kiddos.... they are mostly 3-5 years old and many are severely autistic and non-verbal. I do have kids in one class who is higher functioning though who told their teacher they want to write me a letter on Monday. I hope they do!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

AWESOME!  Did you guys talk at all?

Yeah, we talked a bit until some other people came by. He asked how long I had ran for. I told him I'd see him during the Grandma's HM. I used the training plan he put together for the Fargo HM I'm running tomorrow. He appreciated that. I mentioned that I may run his race this fall, while I'm training for my first marathon (his is a HM). He said it's set 5 weeks prior and it would be perfect.

Dick does have a running "Legend" come and speak at the dinner the night before his race. He said that he's almost got Bill Rogers lined up to be this years' guest. Hmmm... maybe I should go? Smile

- Andrew

Hi dailies:

Step - good luck!

FLA - good day to you

Kristin - hope the new job works out

Baboon - of course you'll get there, because there is not here

Marjorie - yikes, what a mess.  Glad the dog's home

Jimmy - fun day, good luck to your friend for his debut 5K

April - so if you got a good feeling about a new place would you go?

Brr - good luck!

Race Car Rick - zoom

Scotty - nice job earning that beer

lilac - congrats on day 2, hoping it gets easier for you every day

B+ - what's a weekend?, lol

D - hope your day went well

Ric-G - cool, might as well try it out while you were there

Scap - congrats

Tom - glad you like the new shoes

Basya - nice pace

Yesterday was 10.2 with 20min near HM pace, overall sub GMP.  Today, just 5.1 regeneration.  There were a bunch of tri people running and it was funny how many were on the wrong side of the road as non-vehicles Smile.