Beginners and Beyond

Red Light Runners, 2013in2013 (Read 380 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey look, I found the team thread!  I was just headed over to RWOL to see if there was any new news -- I'm still not thrilled with the idea of the FB group, as I prefer to keep my forum life and my real life separate.  But of course the RWOL forums seem to be down.  I don't know if we'll run today or not -- Dusty is beginning to behave badly, which means he needs to get out for a run (a tired dog is a well-behaved dog!), but I have two chorus performances this afternoon, so time may get a bit crunched.  I need to iron my shiny vest, among other things.  Which means I need to find my iron ...

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

The current news is that we're voting on a new team name.  It's between "Sneaky Feet" and "Red Light Runners" if you have a preference.  We had other options earlier but neither were voted on.  We also discussed on the other thread (on RWOL) that we can also open a group here or just keep the thread active but there appears to be a lot more discussion happening on FB then would ever happen in these two locations.  We now have 22 of our 26 members (3 of them are still MIA in general) already checked in on FB so it seems like it will be the best avenue.  I'm not against keeping multiple groups though as I can't always be on facebook so I like to check-in here too.

Good luck on the concerts.  We've been sick in the house all week which sucks and our dog has been good for the most part although she's not one that I can run with.  I would end up just dragging her behind me...ouch.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

One Half So Far

Checking in here and already did on RWOL as well.  Put in requests for the FB group and the RA group.

Gonna start right out with 6.2 tomorrow morning Smile

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

camille2

Did 6 today on TM at gym.  Pouring rain here but should be better tomorrow.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok you goobs, I just sent a request to join the FB group.  Sent as Hope Nelson.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Awesome.  If Asa doesn't get you in by the time I get home then I can.  Work doesn't allow me to use facebook, although I have the post emailed to me so I still see and can respond to stuff.  We also have an RA group.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

hog4life

Ben, did you mean to put password here?

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I'm joined into the RA group, so you can delete the pwd if you want to.  Woo-hoo!

Who's the captain?

hog4life

Hope'sMom, Ben and Asa.

hog4life

Awesome.  If Asa doesn't get you in by the time I get home then I can.  Work doesn't allow me to use facebook, although I have the post emailed to me so I still see and can respond to stuff.  We also have an 

That didn't work, haha

Singer who runs a smidge

Have pity on me, Mitch.  I remember your actual name, but not many other people's.  Who are Ben and Asa?

Confused

Ghettopops

Asa would be me. Added ya. Only 6.2 miles this year so far. Trying to rest up for my training starting the 13th. Hanson's 18/55 here I come.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hmm, considering my memory, I probably shouldn't have asked, because I doubt I'll remember!!  I think my brain has been Swiss-cheesed.