Beginners and Beyond

My first 60 mile week and more! (Read 61 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Last night I ran my first 15 miler and it capped off my first 60 mile week. I never thought I would run in split shorts and a singlet on a winter's eve in Eastern Pennsylvania - it was 60 degrees out. Had a hot shower, some red wine, and karaoke to finish the day! For those who like the red wine - Chateau Ste Michelle cabernet sauvignon 2011 is some good vino - pop the cork on a bottle and maybe you'll be singing karaoke too!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

For those who like the red wine - Chateau Ste Michelle cabernet sauvignon 2011 is some good vino - pop the cork on a bottle and maybe you'll be singing karaoke too!

Did someone call me?!

Actually I am on the wagon right now but yes I have had it, and it is good!

Congrats on your big week, and be sure to take easy (I know you will) this week and next and drink more wine!

How did you do it?  Any doubles in there or just a bunch of medium long runs?

Bin Running

Congrats on the big mile week and the PB..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Pinktastic

Congrats on a HUGE week!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Gustav on both milestones!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Here's the breakdown:

Mon - 14

Tues - 7

Wed - off

Thur - 10

Fri - 4

Sat - 10

Sun - 15

What is amazing is I ran in a snowstorm on Tuesday and my beard, eyebrows, and headband were covered in ice. Last nights run was in split shorts and a singlet.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good stuff, Gus. 60 is tough to get without a 20 miler(for me, at least).

B-Plus

Congrats!! If all goes well, I'll break 60 for the entire of November and December.

LRB

Good stuff, Gus. 60 is tough to get without a 20 miler(for me, at least).

I need to run doubles to do it, but that is because I loathe running longer than 12 miles.

happylily

Congratulations! 60 miles in a week is very solid mileage, WTG!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Rubybaby43

enabler

Here's the breakdown:

Mon - 14

Tues - 7

Wed - off

Thur - 10

Fri - 4

Sat - 10

Sun - 15

What is amazing is I ran in a snowstorm on Tuesday and my beard, eyebrows, and headband were covered in ice. Last nights run was in split shorts and a singlet.

That is just CRAZY!!  Congrats on a great week of running, Gus!

Did someone call me?!

Actually I am on the wagon right now but yes I have had it, and it is good!

Congrats on your big week, and be sure to take easy (I know you will) this week and next and drink more wine!

How did you do it?  Any doubles in there or just a bunch of medium long runs?

LRB -- What?!  Why?  What did I miss?

KLO

more miles = more beer

Worthy of a.... Beast!

LRB

LRB -- What?!  Why?  What did I miss?

Just trimming the fat babe, something I do a couple, few times a year.

Do not worry your pretty little head though, I will be back hiccuping uncontrollably and staggering soon enough!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Gustav.

LRB, I would be on the wagon if it had any results with me but I have shit working against me on that.  February 14 cannot come soon enough.  I have not even been able to wear my wedding ring because my hands are very swollen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rubybaby43

enabler

Just trimming the fat babe, something I do a couple, few times a year.

Do not worry your pretty little head though, I will be back hiccuping uncontrollably and staggering soon enough!

KLO

more miles = more beer