Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins (Read 19 times)

tracilynn

Hey pengs!

I did some easy lunges and squats on Tuesday and I'm still a little sore. I must be out of shape.

I did my first ever tempo run. Treadmill. I Hope I did it correctly my plan asked for 35 min tempo and I ended up with 3 miles (yeah I'M slow)

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Rest day yesterday, spent the afternoon at the beach with my boss and coworkers and we all went out to dinner after. It was a nice way to spend a day Smile Today was 6.05 miles with 20 minutes of pickups, ladder of 6-5-4-3-2 minutes with 1-2 minutes recovery in between.

PADRunner

Hey pengs!

I did some easy lunges and squats on Tuesday and I'm still a little sore. I must be out of shape.

I did my first ever tempo run. Treadmill. I Hope I did it correctly my plan asked for 35 min tempo and I ended up with 3 miles (yeah I'M slow)

We must have the same plan. Mine calls for a 35 tempo tomorrow to. I figured 3 to 3.2.

Zelanie

Today I was super nervous about my run.  I've really felt like I was struggling this week, although mostly I think I'm fine and just worry too much.  In any case, the run itself went pretty well.  It was 12 with 9 at marathon pace, so one of the toughest runs in the plan.  I was a few seconds slow on each mile, but ran the last one fast. Smile

Traci- If you are running your tempo at an even pace, and faster than your easy pace without being terribly painful, then you're doing it right!

Robert31320

Team TJ

SRD for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This is great! lol.  A friend of mine put this on Facebook.....some of you may have seen it already...

photo alligators_zpsacd40f33.png

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

This is great! lol.  A friend of mine put this on Facebook.....some of you may have seen it already...

photo alligators_zpsacd40f33.png

I think I would feel a strong urge to express some civil disobedience in that situation. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Where is the "Alligator Crossing" sign?

Still have a bunch of plumbers here, and a big hole in my front yard.   Ka Ching...Ka Ching.  and its pouring now.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Where is the "Alligator Crossing" sign?

Still have a bunch of plumbers here, and a big hole in my front yard.   Ka Ching...Ka Ching.  and its pouring now.

The heck with plumbing..build an outhouse in the backyard...builds character...bet your wife would love it....especially in Chicago winters...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

PAD, will take note to take it easy.. Probably starting with 2 session a week... 10 set x 2 for a few weeks then x3 and x4.

Mel, LR with some in MP is one tough workout.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar