Beginners and Beyond

Notice of Violation (Read 120 times)

LRB

It sucks to get popped, I got a $120 ticket while speeding like a mutha fucka driving through Missouri (84 in a 70).  It was a regular cop but the feeling is all the same; it blows.

Don't be bullheaded and have it come back to haunt you years later on vacation or while doing something really important (like taking a leak at an interstate rest stop).

Pay it and move on...oh and once you do, call them and confirm they got it and all is clear.

No more marathons

If I was pulled over by a real live cop I wouldn't even question it.

But this is pure BS - it's 9:15 at night, the highway (4 lane divided) is empty, I'm going about 1 mile over the speed limit which then suddenly drops by 10 mph and 100 feet later the sky lights up.

Those who say pay the $50 and move on are making the sensible recommendation, but ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING.

sigh  - I'll at least wait until the last day it's due and then pay with a credit card.  Bat Rasterds.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I have not gotten one yet but rarely do the speed limit (unless I am slowing down) so my turn at this thread title is coming.  lol

A similar thing happened to SO. We were driving home from an out-of-state funeral, pitch black out, no one else on the road and then FLASH! We were on the highway and it was too dark to see any speed limit postings, but the light helped us see that we were in a work zone (no one was working, though). Luckily, he didn't get hit with a double fine.

I recently graduated from UMD, College Park and there are speeding cameras all over the place. Initially, one was placed on a downhill just after the speed limit dropped 10 mph. It's "only" supposed to trigger if you are going more than 12 mph over the limit. SO and I each got two tickets when it was first set up. It took them over a month to mail the tickets! Now, you can tell a speed camera is ahead if everyone else suddenly starts going at a snail's pace.

Like others have said, I would recommend just paying the fine. You don't want to have to go back to TN to appeal the ticket and you don't want to get a giant fine for paying late. One thing I've heard about (but don't know if it's true) is that you may have a case if they only got a picture of your car and not you. As in, they have no proof you were the one driving.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]