Beginners and Beyond

Too "fat" for a massage? (Read 251 times)

@runjerseygirl

Ran across this article today, and wanted to see what you all thought.

I feel bad for the woman, but I'm also curious as to what the author of the article considers an "athletic build."

Do you even run?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

They had a table break under a 165 pound man?  They have shitty tables.  My fiance's table held me just fine when I was 300 pounds.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

@runjerseygirl

They had a table break under a 165 pound man?  They have shitty tables.  My fiance's table held me just fine when I was 300 pounds.

This made me LOL!

Do you even run?

That is sad if true.  But the "athletic build" description confused me at first.  I went back to the first page to take another look.  Yeah, just because you can finish a half marathon does not mean you have an athletic build.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Chairman

She looks plenty athletic. Promise her a championship belt, and I bet she sucks down more wieners than Joey Chestnut.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

She looks plenty athletic. Promise her a championship belt, and I bet she sucks down more wieners than Joey Chestnut.

Wow.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Love the Half

The term "athletic build" can have very different meanings.  She has an "athletic build" if she's a power lifter or a hammer thrower or something like that.  She does not have an "athletic build" for a runner.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

The term "athletic build" can have very different meanings.  She has an "athletic build" if she's a power lifter or a hammer thrower or something like that.  She does not have an "athletic build" for a runner.

Do they consider those dudes who run with tires to be "athletic"? She's carrying a spare.

yeoldefatguy

6-3 250 pounds. If she could run a 4.5 she would be a first round draft pick.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That is sad if true.  But the "athletic build" description confused me at first.  I went back to the first page to take another look.  Yeah, just because you can finish a half marathon does not mean you have an athletic build.

I could "finish" a half marathon at 250 pounds. Not running, mind you, but I could run/walk the distance (with an emphasis on walking).

Still, I'm in support of anybody that puts in the effort and crosses the finish line. That's loads better than sitting around the house claiming that they can't do it.

I'm not saying that she has the athletic build going on, but she's putting in the effort. Perhaps she will have that athletic build in the future.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Only if she can tackle, block, and/or catch. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

yeoldefatguy

Only if she can tackle, block, and/or catch. Smile

She could be coached up. I could see the Lions drafting her as a project.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She would be bigger and faster than Manti Te'o.  I can't believe that dude lost 15 pounds to improve his speed, and ran a 4.82 at the combine.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

RSX

She could be coached up. I could see the Lions drafting her as a project.

The Patriots draft athletes. 1 guy won a silver on the 4 x 100 relay team so she would fit right in.

yeoldefatguy

She would be bigger and faster than Manti Te'o.  I can't believe that dude lost 15 pounds to improve his speed, and ran a 4.82 at the combine.

He started out as a possible top 10 draft pick until he was exposed by Deadspin, Alabama and his pathetic combine.