Beginners and Beyond

How Many Days Per Week Do You Run? (Read 135 times)

5 preferably 6. At least 2 quality/speed workouts. building more of a base right now.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Coastal

Currently 7 days a week, but I have a scheduled rest day tomorrow.

flarunner

I'm old. I run 6 days a week. My goal this year, as last year, is to consistently run those 6 days every week.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Right now my body can only handle 3-4 without aggravating the IT band or something else (only 27 and falling apart already?! geez...) Just trying to appreciate everything my body will give me right now and working on rehabbing/preventing future injuries.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Kristin, nice to see you checking in!

Thanks, LRB.   : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Misty

I tend to run 7-10 days at a time unless I'm doing a bunch of doubles. Today will be my 3rd double day this week so depending on how I feel I *might* take a RD tomorrow...we'll see.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I like to run everyday and then just take a day off when my body needs it (or every once in awhile when I just feel lazy or life gets in the way). Although lately I've been working back into it at 4-6 days per week.

Just to balance things out, I'll chime in.  As a new runner, I thought I was doing well to get to four days a week.  Running mileage is only 15-20 mpw.  I'm building my base, but slowly as I'm coming back after 8 months off due to injury (pelvic sfx) and I really don't want to have another.  I also walk every day 2-3 miles as I have a dog.  Before I was injured, I was training for a half, and I was running 5 days, so that's my next goal, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Building slowly is a good call. Good luck with it.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I tend to run 7-10 days at a time unless I'm doing a bunch of doubles. Today will be my 3rd double day this week so depending on how I feel I *might* take a RD tomorrow...we'll see.

Is this the RMT3b influence? Seeing her mileage helped me push more for sure.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Misty

Lord no!! I can't even begin to compare my mileage to hers...I'd come up short for sure!

Is this the RMT3b influence? Seeing her mileage helped me push more for sure.

Misty

Bless your heart.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lord no!! I can't even begin to compare my mileage to hers...I'd come up short for sure!

Ah okay...it seemed like a while back you upped your miles, and I knew you were friends(or thought I knew) so I made the leap. Her consistency with those miles is awesome, but yours are looking great too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Yeah, but she's running all those miles super-slow, right? Wink

Dave

Misty

Ah okay...it seemed like a while back you upped your miles, and I knew you were friends(or thought I knew) so I made the leap. Her consistency with those miles is awesome, but yours are looking great too.

No, you're right we are friends!!  I upped my miles for marathon training, now I'm settling back in to 50-60 mile weeks where I'm nice and comfy Smile. I'd LOVE to run her mileage, never mind her blazing fast paces!! But I'm not even a smidgen as talented as she is....but thank you Smile

Misty

Bless your heart.