Beginners and Beyond

So many people wearing Boston stuff around today.... (Read 95 times)

Knit1Run2

Master of Chaos

I went to meet a friend for lunch in the North End and every other group had someone wearing marathon gear in some form or the other.  I wore the pin they gave out for volunteering and I just felt such solidarity.

I was lucky enough to randomly run into a girl and her mother I spent about half an hour on Saturday volunteering finding her the smallest official jacket available among the size small.  She had a great race and was unharmed.  Talk about lucky coincidence as I couldn't help wondering about all the strangers I helped get the right size jacket.

Dr. Cornsitter

Will you be doing the last mile run they're trying to organize on Saturday? If they can get clearance, I'll be there.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

Will you be doing the last mile run they're trying to organize on Saturday? If they can get clearance, I'll be there.

I'll actually be in the city visiting family.  I plan to be there if it's on.

Dr. Cornsitter

I'll actually be in the city visiting family.  I plan to be there if it's on.

Here's the facebook link from Boston.com: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/446374912126260/

If locals or folks willing to come into Boston (or those who might still be stranded) want to try to get together for a run, I'd be all ears. Piggy-backing on something like this would show even more solidarity with the larger runnign community.

Sorry to hijack, Knit.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

Here's the facebook link from Boston.com: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/446374912126260/

If locals or folks willing to come into Boston (or those who might still be stranded) want to try to get together for a run, I'd be all ears. Piggy-backing on something like this would show even more solidarity with the larger runnign community.

Sorry to hijack, Knit.

I'm in for whatever..  I will be in Roslindale until about 12-1pm visiting the 'rents and then free after that.

I just want to hug Boston right now.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's good to hear about the spirit and solidarity in Boston. I'm glad that woman you helped is ok!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Knit1Run2

Master of Chaos

I plan on doing it as long as it is cleared with the proper people, already RSVPed as going and then invited every Boston runner I know who wasn't already invited.  Probably park at DH's office at Berkeley and Boylston (closed today) and run to the start a longer way so I do the mile as my last of four that day.