Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's National Coffee Day Monday (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Had my usual half pot at work and Finished my workout With the weight machines, so now celebrating Coffee Day with a beer.  Resting up for a LR tomorrow after work.  It might take a few miles to wake up since I will be pretty bored at work.

Happy belated Birthday HsM.  Did you wear the vests to IHOP?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.  The weather sucks today anyway.  Back at it Tuesday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Every day is coffee day for me.  I don't go fancy, just a pot of Folgers Columbian to start the day.

Mitch - Good job on the tempo run this morning.  Does it wake you up or help you sleep to run before going to bed?

Jerry - hope you had fun at the gym.

Robert - enjoy your rest day.

PAD - hope you enjoyed your time at the gym.

Damaris - enjoy your run. When you race as often as you do, do you still taper?  Or just WRT your long runs?

Bin - good job on the 15.6.  Aren't you doing your FM in December?

Z - after all your running around this weekend, you probably needed a rest.  Have fun tonight.

Hi LRB!

Tracilynn - gentle stretches?  Hope the rest heals the ITB.

Stonefence - good job hitting the hill at the end of your run.  My worst one is at the beginning, or sometimes halfway.  I always get to run downhill home.   I also find that my stomach isn't as sensitive as it used to be.  I can usually eat an hour or so before a run, as long as it's not a really strenuous one.

HopesMom - Happy Birthday!  I hope you got to walk today to loosen up your stiff muscles.

Lauren - enjoy your intervals tonight.

Jack - have a fun run tonight.

AFM:  4.5 very easy miles on the treadmill.  I wasn't feeling great after a very greasy lunch out with a friend of DH, so I figured it was better to run within easy access of the bathroom.  It turned out not to be necessary, but I wasn't sure.

obiebyke

Hey hey! I'm a die hard fan of cold press, so I had a to-go cup of that with a splash of soy creamer on my way to work.

C25K W3D1 is in the books. I did it around the Minnesota State Capitol, which is HILLY.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Cold press = fancy. :-)

still no sign of Cherie? Is anyone FB friends with her?

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

How long does cold press coffee last? If you make a big container of it?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Every day is coffee day for me.  I don't go fancy, just a pot of Folgers Columbian to start the day.

Mitch - Good job on the tempo run this morning.  Does it wake you up or help you sleep to run before going to bed?

Jerry - hope you had fun at the gym.

Robert - enjoy your rest day.

PAD - hope you enjoyed your time at the gym.

Damaris - enjoy your run. When you race as often as you do, do you still taper?  Or just WRT your long runs?

Bin - good job on the 15.6.  Aren't you doing your FM in December?

Z - after all your running around this weekend, you probably needed a rest.  Have fun tonight.

Hi LRB!

Tracilynn - gentle stretches?  Hope the rest heals the ITB.

Stonefence - good job hitting the hill at the end of your run.  My worst one is at the beginning, or sometimes halfway.  I always get to run downhill home.   I also find that my stomach isn't as sensitive as it used to be.  I can usually eat an hour or so before a run, as long as it's not a really strenuous one.

HopesMom - Happy Birthday!  I hope you got to walk today to loosen up your stiff muscles.

Lauren - enjoy your intervals tonight.

Jack - have a fun run tonight.

AFM:  4.5 very easy miles on the treadmill.  I wasn't feeling great after a very greasy lunch out with a friend of DH, so I figured it was better to run within easy access of the bathroom.  It turned out not to be necessary, but I wasn't sure.

When I train for a race, I do taper.  I am tapering for this one, but after this one, there are a lot of others I just run through.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I used to make cold press coffee, and the concentrate would last a week or two in the fridge.  I didn't replace the carafe when I broke it, which is why it's been plastic coffee cone for me since then.  The cone used to be my camping coffee maker.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cold press = fancy. :-)

still no sign of Cherie? Is anyone FB friends with her?

Nope Sad

Bin Running

Ginny.. Yes I am doing a FM in Dec.. Not so happy with my training but I think I will survive. Wink

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

obiebyke

I think about a week? I used to make it myself, but I've gotten lazy and I buy growlers of it from a coffee shop these days.

How long does cold press coffee last? If you make a big container of it?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)