Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - and I'm going to Disneyworld! (Read 59 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

233 laps!?......... you are insane Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

There is no way in hades I could count that many laps.  Shit, I would lose count doing 6 miles which was only 24!

Yugo18

233 laps around the indoor track for 20ish miles.  (It's supposed to be 11 laps per mile in the middle lane, but I added some to make up for suspected gains via tangents.)  A chunk of MP, with a few approaching HM pace.  I went out for a BBQ brisket sandwich afterwards, now to curl up on the couch under a pile of blankets and one cat and read.

Most impressive!

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  My Garmin would explode for recording that many laps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

congrats, D, on your 2 millionth Marathon! Smile

Congrats to you too, Lurch!

Took a hike today to loosen up the knee. Decided that I needed some elevation change so I climbed about 250 feet and then descended the same. Was a great walk, though the knee got even stiffer when I was sitting at the pool league meeting. Plus, the other leg cramped up in the hamstring and I had to stand up. A little Aleve this evening to settle things down.

I'm getting back to the weight control program I used a couple of years ago to hack off 45 pounds. I'm about 15 over where I want to be, a very gradual increase which will be countered by a very gradual decrease. I'm logging with MyFitnessPal this time so that I can account for my eating on my phone or the computers at home. I think that program has a deeper database of foods, as well as the ability to scan the bar code on a food package and get nutritional information. The only downside is that it doesn't give information on ALL nutrients, just the major ones.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Damaris and Lurch!

Jay - Even I think 223 laps sounds crazy. And I'll be running 95.5 for a marathon in 2 weeks.

I managed to do very little work this afternoon, actually. Climbed to the top of the hill carrying my tube. Sat in it watching DS and friends go up and down 6 or 8 times, rode it to the bottom. Then I stood by the pond watching them play broom ball, took a nice ride on a horse-drawn sleigh around the camp, and ate two bowls of very yummy chili with a cup of hot chocolate on the side. With temps around 40*, it was a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

That sounds like a good plan Tom!

Step, broom ball?

Will run for scenery.

Jay - Puh LEESE tell me you didn't count those laps in your head!

Tom - Good call on MFP.  I used it to loose a bunch of weight way back when and lived being able to lig calories on the spot w/ my phone.  I could never keep up otherwise.  I'm about 15 high right now too, but I'm just gonna wish em away.  And maybe exercise some.

Congrats D & Lurch.  Waiting for pics & reports.

I think I need a second cellphone.  Something I can use to walk around and dial my main cellphone to find out where the F I left it.  Does AARP have any discounts on that ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

happylily

Congratulations on another marathon, Damaris!

Jay, you realize that you are even crazier on your track than Step and myself on the hamster wheel, right? :-)

I came home around 4 pm, my stomach full of great brunch food and mimosas. I was exhausted from all the baby talk at the baby shower, but it was fun, especially since my DD was the star of the day and so I was the mother of the star. The Queen Mother appreciated the attention.  My SO, the magician, fixed my TM by installing a new bolt to replace the one that was burnt through friction. Unfortunately, the belt was ripped while it was rolling unaligned, so it will have to be replaced soon. My plan asked for a 17 miler, but since I ran 17 last weekend, I wanted 18 today. However, when I reached 17.25 miles, I became incredibly thirsty and I stopped for water. Stopping is very bad for me, because mentally, I have a hard time returning on the TM after. Today was no exception and I decided that 17.25 miles would have to do, I was done. Average pace 8:37, I was also quite tired.

Now time for Sunday night movie with SO. Have a great evening everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom - Good call on MFP.  I used it to loose a bunch of weight way back when and lived being able to lig calories on the spot w/ my phone.  I could never keep up otherwise.  I'm about 15 high right now too, but I'm just gonna wish em away.  And maybe exercise some.

Prior to this, I had used FitDay software, but it has some problems. Basically, my computers can't talk to each other so if I want to transfer data, I need to transfer the entire database. And, all the custom foods I entered would have to be re-entered if I wanted to start a new weight loss program. Basically, the food database was tied to the individual's weight loss plan.

This should work better, even if I can't track phosphorus and the like.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

That sounds like a good plan Tom!

Step, broom ball?

I wasn't familiar with it. Basically, kids on the ice, just wearing their boots-no skates, hitting a ball back and forth with sticks with plastic pieces on the end that look like a short broom (half-circles with the flat side down). Very informal - scoring simply involved hitting the ball into the snow at the end of the pond.

Haha, maybe all those laps are a little cray cray , and yes I counted them mentally.  It really wasn't that bad with music, people to watch, and knowing that MP would have been difficult out on slick roads.

Zelanie

Step- I don't know if I had a chance to congratulate you on your excellent LR yesterday.  You are so ready!

My interview went well today, but it looks like there is some stiff competition, and I don't think I knocked it out of the park.  I should hear back in about a week.

As for running, I got a really nice 8 miler in tonight.  Finally a nice easy run where I could just clear my head and enjoy being outside.

StepbyStep-SH

Haha, maybe all those laps are a little cray cray , and yes I counted them mentally.  It really wasn't that bad with music, people to watch, and knowing that MP would have been difficult out on slick roads.

I can't even always remember to hit the lap button on my watch every time - I would never be able to keep track without it for that many laps.

Docket_Rocket

Step- I don't know if I had a chance to congratulate you on your excellent LR yesterday.  You are so ready!

My interview went well today, but it looks like there is some stiff competition, and I don't think I knocked it out of the park.  I should hear back in about a week.

As for running, I got a really nice 8 miler in tonight.  Finally a nice easy run where I could just clear my head and enjoy being outside.

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page