Beginners and Beyond

5k Light the Way RR (Read 53 times)

andrew jerald

This race was held at the Titusville,Fl Christian Academy so their was a tons of cc kids. I decided to run this race last night and its only a mile from the house which was nice! Pretty cold this morning 48 degrees almost perfect running weather. Race started at 8am I lined up in the front with all the kids, and we took off pretty fast. I tried to hold back a little bit on the first mile but it didn't happen.

Mile 1 - 6:22- After the first few quarters I looked ahead and noticed I was running about somewhere top 20 but it seemed like I was at the breaking line. All the fast people pulling away and I was the fast, slow person. Well I noticed a few people slowing down and I figured I had a shot at passing them. I ended up passing about 3 people, 2 that went out to fast and the other one who was cramping on the side of the road (he was ok).

Mile 2 - 6:37- Slowed down this mile, 2 kids were way in front of me, I didn't think I had a chance to catch them. I heard foot steps coming up right behind me, and I knew someone was about to pass me. I look to my left and it was the first place female about to pass me and she pulled ahead of me by a  few steps. I tried to push and run beside her but she just kept pulling away from me, so I just stayed behind her for a little bit. I started thinking to myself, either out run her, or fall off....I told myself I will not let her out run me! A few seconds later I made another attempt to pass her but everytime I tried she would push and pull ahead. I decided to wait another 1/4 mile and try again, I attempted again but she push ahead again. By this time we was pulling ahead of the 2 kids that I didn't think I would catch. About 2.6 miles I made the attempt to pass the 1st place female again, I had her this time, and I never looked back.

Mile 3 - 6:22 - I was hurting pretty bad...,Really bad and I was scared to look back so I didn't and decided this would be my last push. It took everything I had to push the last few feet. They called out 19:18 at mile 3 so I figured I had a chance for under 20 mins! I came around the last corner and seen 19:45 on the clock and went into a dead sprint. I kept pushing and cross the finish line just under 20 mins and started to wonder what the official results would say.

Official Results 3.1 19:56!!!! First time under 20 mins and I believed I PR by 18 secs. I'm really happy with my results and I believe I will be knocking on 19:30's door pretty soon. I finished 13th overall and 1st in a/g.

Photobucket

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the sub-20 and the new PR!

I thought you were near Pensacola.  You're in Titusville?  Did you see the Space Coast Marathon medals?  Registration is open and it would be nice to FE, just saying....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Awesome splits, speed and effort! Congratulations on your new PR and your AG award! Reading how you ran your race was exciting, thanks for sharing!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow!! Congrats!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

You're a fast guy! Congratulations on the sub-20, amazing achievement.

hog4life

Smoking fast, congrats on the PR and AG win.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Great job!!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

robinde

Great job!!!

andrew jerald

Congrats on the sub-20 and the new PR!

I thought you were near Pensacola.  You're in Titusville?  Did you see the Space Coast Marathon medals?  Registration is open and it would be nice to FE, just saying....

Damaris, I am from pensacola, the Navy moves me around a little bit. I only have till May here after that I am heading back to a boat in kingsland ga, just right above jacksonville fl. I am not sure if I will be on dry land during december but I will update you if I'm here. Ga is only a 3 hour drive. I do it almost every weekend to work on my house right now. I was actually looking for a marathon around april let me know if you know of anything. Trying to get a marathon in before I get back to a boat because my training will suffer greatly.....

Everyone else- Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

runmomto3boys

OMG!  What a freaking run!!!!!!!!  Congratulations on going sub-20:00 - that is huge, huge, huge, HUGE!!!!!  You killed it!

Trail Monster

Congrats! That is a great new PR!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

You know there is nothing down here in April.  But I'll see what I can find.

Damaris, I am from pensacola, the Navy moves me around a little bit. I only have till May here after that I am heading back to a boat in kingsland ga, just right above jacksonville fl. I am not sure if I will be on dry land during december but I will update you if I'm here. Ga is only a 3 hour drive. I do it almost every weekend to work on my house right now. I was actually looking for a marathon around april let me know if you know of anything. Trying to get a marathon in before I get back to a boat because my training will suffer greatly.....

Everyone else- Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Wowzers!!! Awesome race! Congrats!

Supersono99

Wow, awesome. Congrats on your shiny new sub-20 pr!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Fantastic job!  That first sub-20 is super sweet.  You did a great job latching on to the first girl and pulling yourself along with her.  To pass her up again was even better.  Nice work not looking back too - eyes on the prize.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn