Beginners and Beyond

Crawl, walk or run SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.2 and 800 zillion things around the house. Including mowing the lawn. So much for a "I don't   have to do anything but run day"

i just kept finding things to do.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol thanks, no I have no races planned until October's HM and then my debut marathon in November, right now I am just building a strong base and enjoying it. Next Sunday is a very, very big day though - my little angel turns 2 years old 

FreeSoul- Nice LR!  Do you have something coming up next Sunday, or were you just ready for the rest of your day?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Lol thanks, no I have no races planned until October's HM and then my debut marathon in November, right now I am just building a strong base and enjoying it. Next Sunday is a very, very big day though - my little angel turns 2 years old 

Happy birthday, Dorian!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Home from conference. Skipped morning sessions today to run a 10 mile race as my final long run before my half in Hawaii next week! It was hilly but I felt great! Ran about my usual LR pace, a tad faster I guess and actually PRed with 1:56:24 unofficial. However, my only 2 10 mile races have both been run as training runs not races so it really isn't a huge deal. The important thing is I actually feel ready for this half next weekend! Training hasn't been ideal with my foot and then a few really low mileage weeks due to getting sick, but if I feel as good next Sunday as I did today it should be good!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Lily - great LR

Sly - looking forward to those RRs

Step - A headless rabbit?  Claimed.  Wink

Rick - I won a chocolate running shoe!  Not as exciting as last Fall's pie, but pretty close.

Dew at any point would be fantastic unless you live in Florida or the Caribbean.

FYP.

11.09 bike miles with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Home from conference. Skipped morning sessions today to run a 10 mile race as my final long run before my half in Hawaii next week! It was hilly but I felt great! Ran about my usual LR pace, a tad faster I guess and actually PRed with 1:56:24 unofficial. However, my only 2 10 mile races have both been run as training runs not races so it really isn't a huge deal. The important thing is I actually feel ready for this half next weekend! Training hasn't been ideal with my foot and then a few really low mileage weeks due to getting sick, but if I feel as good next Sunday as I did today it should be good!!

Heh...awesome.  I was in San Francisco for a conference once and skipped the opening sessions (it was a Sunday) so I could go mountain biking at Lake Tahoe.  Big grin  Fun as hell, and I even had a productive conference.  Congrats on the race!  A HM in Hawaii sounds pretty good to me.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks!

Happy birthday, Dorian!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Here is what happens when a non running husband becomes a runner. Here are the past/present conversations I've had with my husband. The first paragraph is him pre-running; the second one post him running.

On Water:

Water? You don't need that much water. We have time to buy some tonight. What if the marathon is tomorrow? You're OK.

Water! We must buy water before we leave the hotel. Before breakfast! We have a race tomorrow!

On Resting:

What's a walk all over Berlin? Nothing! Your legs will be set for tomorrow.

OMG! We must not walk much today. We have a race tomorrow!

On Maniac Stars:

You want to get how many stars? A marathon every other week? Are you crazy?

I want more moons on the fanatics. Do you want more stars on the Maniacs? We could 26 races in one year if we plan it.

The Shoes:

How many fucking shoes do you need for running? Only one pair is enough.

I have 4 pairs of shoes under rotation. Do you think I need one more? I think I need one more.

Let's go pick up your packet and leave the expo. I don't have time for this shit.

(Three hours of the expo). Cool, I think we can leave. I might have bought everything I needed. Ooh, Hokas!

Da fuck? I am sure there are others I am forgetting but these have come to mind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

That's hilarious, D!

LRB

That's hilarious, D!

+1

Awesome!