Beginners and Beyond

Fathers Day 5 Miler RR (Updated with race photos) (Read 65 times)

Just B.S.

archived

LRB

That's some nice bling, congrats!

B-Plus

Congrats on the placing. I know it may be a bit far, but I was hing to see a report from the 3km for 3 fathers 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

RESULTS

Son 41:10 (just started running again after Christmas and his other race was a 5 miler with us on
          April 26th, he ran a 43:18 that day so I know he is just going to keep getting faster)

Hubby - 36:40

Me - 43:21 and 3 rd place in 50-59 AG

Yeah, but what was the dog's time?

Congrats to you and your speedy family!  Nice photo there of y'all.    Way to go with you AG award too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

music_girl117

I love that the three of you ran together!  Congratulations on the AG placing!

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Just B.S.

Congrats on the placing. I know it may be a bit far, but I was hing to see a report from the 3km for 3 fathers 

That would have been nice but this was very last minute and picking up son in the opposite

Direction would have made it a 2.5 hr drive each way for a 3 k race.

Because of FIL condition we are not planning anything in advance or going very far right now, that

hasn't already been paid for, in case we get called to the hospital.

Just B.S.

I love that the three of you ran together!  Congratulations on the AG placing!

Thanks girl! Hubby and I have been racing together for 11 years now, we ran a full

On Mothers Day.. Son ran with us for 5-6 years in his teens (including halfs and 2 fulls).

Just really happy he is back running again. 

Just B.S.

RESULTS

Son 41:10 (just started running again after Christmas and his other race was a 5 miler with us on
                  April 26th, he ran a 43:18 that day so I know he is just going to keep getting faster)

Hubby - 36:40

Me - 43:21 and 3 rd place in 50-59 AG

Yeah, but what was the dog's time?

Congrats to you and your speedy family!  Nice photo there of y'all.    Way to go with you AG award too!

Thanks Scotty. The boys are speedy, I get AG by attrition or dilution of the AG to other races Smile

Doggie didn't run but he enjoyed mingling before and after the race.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job to all of you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RabbitChaser

Sounds like everyone ran well and you had some great family time. Congratulations on taking 3rd in your AG!

happylily

Well done, Beth and family.  Congratulations to all three of you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Pinktastic

Love the hardware, Beth!   It makes me smile every time I read about you and your family running and racing together!    HUGE congrats on a successful day for the family!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

RSX

Congrats Beth and nice that it happened when not really planning on going

Love the Half

Racing is not about how fast you move from point A to point B.  It's about how fast you move from point A to point B in relationship to other runners.  Thus, while your time will be slower on hillier courses, you can run some of your best races on them if you use the hills to your advantage and manage your energy accordingly.  Looks like you ran a good race.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).