Beginners and Beyond

What's in your home gym? (Read 124 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I have a bench and set of free weights that I never use.  All I do is run.  I NEED to start adding some variety and do some core work.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RWPartisanRunner

Mommy Dearest

My home gym is nothing fancy, just a basic circuit for me and hubby to kind of fool with before a run or leaving for work or whatnot.

Running for 9 months.

5k - 30:24

10k - 1:15

happylily

My home gym is nothing fancy, just a basic circuit for me and hubby to kind of fool with before a run or leaving for work or whatnot.

So that's the home gym you had to set up for yourself after you were thrown out of your other gym, by management, for spitting on every machine around you? You should send them the bill. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

notimeforthat

We have a treadmill, rollers, computrainer, bowflex adjustable dumbells, wobble board, foam roller, stability ball (that the kids roll on and sit on to watch TV).

I don't look at miles when I am not outdoors, I go by time. Sensors can be wonky and since I train with a power meter, time + wattage makes more sense for me when I am indoors.

Like BS said, I ride the trainer when the weather is bad out. I will also use the computrainer for 2x20 intervals on the bike because I can set the wattage on the erg unit and it makes me work at the wattage I need to hit in order to get those FTP and tempo intervals done.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

What's in my home gym? Let's see...

• 2 eight-lane 50m Olympic-size pools with public swim times
            • An Olympic-calibre dive tank with spring boards and 3m, 5m, 7m, and 10m platforms
            • 20 person hot tub
            • 6 person hot tub
            • Shallow teach pool
            • Co-ed steam room
            • 5 full-size gymnasiums with public gym times
            • 2 tracks, including a multi-lane 200m track
            • Fitness Centre with 25,000 square feet of cardio and weight training space
            • Over 60+ Group Fitness classes each week

And people wonder why I'm always at the gym!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)