Beginners and Beyond

Running in this today.... (Read 511 times)

Purple Toes

Pretty photos! We got a ton of snow too--it's still coming down. I wanted to run, but ended up playing outside with the kids instead and learning to snow board:

The dogs had fun too!

runmomto3boys

Wow, Purple Toes, great pics!  You got a lot of snow as well!  I have never run in snow, but it's inevitable that it will be sooner rather than later considering where I live!  It looks like you all had a blast today.

Purple Toes

Thanks RMT3B Smile  I really like running in the snow, especially on those quiet peaceful days when you have the road all to yourself. I bet you'll love  it! Just be careful for the icy spots. I learned the hard way just to run on the treadmill when the roads  are too slippery--unless you have proper shoes.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

The snow looks nice. It was 71 and clear here today so I don't think we will be getting any.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That weather's more for playing if you're a kid at heart, or shoveling if you need to get somewhere tomorrow! Might be cool to run in though.

Side note - WTF did they start naming winter storms? Wasn't something like "January, 1978" good enough? They're going to run out of names before the end of 2013 if they try to name every snowstorm. I mean, it's like naming bolts of lightening, for cryin' out loud!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

It snowed most of the day here, and made a beautiful backdrop for the race I did tonight that goes around a local park filled with a Christmas light display. Roads were a bit dicey on the drive home, but footing was actually fairly good for the race. We'll see what it's like tomorrow after temperatures drop overnight, since they were right around the freezing mark all day today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

That weather's more for playing if you're a kid at heart, or shoveling if you need to get somewhere tomorrow! Might be cool to run in though.

Side note - WTF did they start naming winter storms? Wasn't something like "January, 1978" good enough? They're going to run out of names before the end of 2013 if they try to name every snowstorm. I mean, it's like naming bolts of lightening, for cryin' out loud!

More "drama" for The Weather Channel if the storms are named. They're the ones doing it, not the National Weather Service. It's all about ratings, you know. Roll eyes

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I'd probably would have hit the TM by now LOL.

Beautiful photos, Fuzzy and Purple Toes! 

New sport in snowboarding, Purple Toes. Very brave! I'm happy everyone had fun. Ahhh, the pups in their winter gear. Too cute! 

Purple Toes

Beautiful photos, Fuzzy and Purple Toes! 

New sport in snowboarding, Purple Toes. Very brave! I'm happy everyone had fun. Ahhh, the pups in their winter gear. Too cute! 

Thanks Melco!  Very brave or very crazy at my age Wink  What/who is in your avatar?  And where do you think you lost your guacamole?

Thanks Melco!  Very brave or very crazy at my age Wink  What/who is in your avatar?  And where do you think you lost your guacamole?

You are too funny! For the record, I think that description fits for any age for snowboarding. Great job being brave and crazy, friend! 

That is Tom Waits in my avatar.   Speedgoggles might like that pic. 

Oh, I *know* where my guacamole was lost. See runny eggs in L&O...   Ah well, dear dear guacamole, it was never really mine to "keep" anyway. :thelma&louise: 

CrisRuns

Very nice, but I am glad we have not had any yet!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I get excited like a little kid when it snows!  I'm very jealous!!

And I get out my big girl toys like my Subaru, snowshoes and SNOWBLOWER.  We have a flat driveway and a 2 stage snowblower with a 28" deck (way overkill)!  BRING ON THE SNOW!

Purple Toes

You are too funny! For the record, I think that description fits for any age for snowboarding. Great job being brave and crazy, friend! 

That is Tom Waits in my avatar.   Speedgoggles might like that pic. 

Oh, I *know* where my guacamole was lost. See runny eggs in L&O...   Ah well, dear dear guacamole, it was never really mine to "keep" anyway. :thelma&louise: 

"If you love the guacamole, set it free; if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, then runny eggs ate it." ~PT

Hmm, Tom Waits... I'm unfamiliar, will need to consult Youtube later this eve!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We only got a few inches down here.  I can't wait to do some snowshoe running later this winter.

Running is dumb.