Beginners and Beyond

Great quote (Read 88 times)

"If you're trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target"

Mighty Brighties on FB

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Yeah, I saw that too... definitely the wrong group of people to try and scare off.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

I saw it.  When I think of marathoners, I think of endurance, perseverance.  Not sure we are people that would give up and quit just because of an asshole or a group of them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

slowrunningjulie

I like Stephen Colbert's quote "You are talking about a group of people who take their day off of work and go run 26 miles until their nipples bleed - for fun!"

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Hm, I didn't see anyone post this yet:

An open letter to the person(s) responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings. LINK

Oh that is awesome. Have not seen the Colbert yet, but as usual it's waiting for me on the DVR....

Dave