Beginners and Beyond

The Super Bowl (Read 71 times)

LRB

Who ya got?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

They don't run far or long enough and/or not enough combat...

though the commercials are interesting

MothAudio

Not a fan of the Seahawks and as a lifelong Charger fan hate the Patriots. That said, I can still appreciate what they've accomplished. I'm picking the Patriots to win because 1>. It's tough to win back-to-back. 2>. Belichick is a habitual line-stepper and is able to morph his team to counter whatever the other team's athletes attempt to execute. Looking forward to the chess match and who can out-scheme who.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Little Blue

I intend to use the same criteria I use every year:  who has the better costumes?  I just cannot support a team dressed in ugly colors.  I will make that determination when they enter the field.

Oh, and the commercials.  Much more entertaining.

Village people

All Seahawk fans must still be sleepimg.

I am a huge football fan. In the fall, my Sundays are spent on the sidelines watching youth football.I live in NH so I am cheering for the Pats.  I also lived in WA so I do not hate the Seahawks and they do have better uniforms.

MothAudio

I intend to use the same criteria I use every year:  who has the better costumes?  I just cannot support a team dressed in ugly colors.  I will make that determination when they enter the field.

Oh, and the commercials.  Much more entertaining.

Then you must be a Charger fan!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Little Blue

Then you must be a Charger fan!

Yep, I could support that.  Except that the Super Bowl is the only game that I witness all season.

Wait, are those hands and feet PINK?  Um ..

LRB

Yep, I could support that.  Except that the Super Bowl is the only game that I witness all season.

Wait, are those hands and feet PINK?  Um ..

October is breast cancer awareness month and the NFL supplies pink gear to its players and officials to support it.

on my way to badass

I can't really get behind any team. As a Bills fan, I hate the Pats. I will enjoy Marshawn Lynch's performance I think.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

I love sports events that I don't care about. My husband is engrossed and I can disappear and quilt guilt free for hours.

Really doesn't matter, but I do enjoy the new commercials.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

First time in awhile, that I dislike both teams playing.  My DW is rooting for the Patriots due to the looks of their starting QB.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

I am grateful that we went cable free two years ago. Not only do we save a lot of money that I can instead spend on traveling, but I also am spared from being tempted to watch stupid reality TV and professional sports (and yes, that even includes hockey). So my vote is a resounding "Couldn't care less about it".

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am grateful that we went cable free two years ago. Not only do we save a lot of money that I can instead spend on traveling, but I also am spared from being tempted to watch stupid reality TV and professional sports (and yes, that even includes hockey). So my vote is a resounding "Couldn't care less about it".

You've always been one of my favorites 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB