Beginners and Beyond

Springing into SaturDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Ball of Fury

D:  Great job!!

Beth:  You are most welcome!  I will pray for you and your aunt!

Well, I was a few seconds off my pr, probably due to stopping to get a prize off Scuffy's back ($10 off Dick's Sporting Goods) and having to restart my music in the first mile, but my legs were dying at the end too!  I did place 3rd overall female so won a trophy...yay!  I messed my Garmin up a couple times so not sure of official time yet...it was a small race so no chips.  Not happy with my performance but like the trophy!  Now DH and I are headed to downtown Indy to celebrate my birthday!  Which catch up with you all later!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

Goooooood Saturday morning!  Been a busy day for me already.  I hit the gym early for upper body and PT, then stopped at Starbucks, then stopped at a local farm to sign up for this year's farmshare, then went grocery shopping.  I'm going to head out for a bike ride in a bit once it warms up a little.  It's supposed to hit 60 today.

<3

Rubybaby43

enabler

I'm jumping back on in.  I'm sure you've all forgotten about me by now. :::sniffle:::

Next HM is next Saturday - and I have an appointment with an ortho on Wednesday about a long-lasting ankle issue that I have been putting off.  I'm sure he will try to convince me to scrap the race - all while I will be trying to convince him to tape me up "real good" so I can get through the race.  This injury is a long story that I will save for another day when you are all bored and need some reading material.

Today, some miles will be run.  I just don't know how many.  I'm allegedly "tapering", but I haven't formally been training - just putting on the  miles (almost always).

KLO

more miles = more beer

LRB

I'm jumping back on in.  I'm sure you've all forgotten about me by now. :::sniffle:::

Not me.  Welcome back!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Kristy!

Beth, forgot to say I think of you and your aunt on most days.  Stay strong.

AmiK, great job.  I didn't get a trophy, sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rubybaby43

enabler

Not me.  Welcome back!

Hi, sweetie!!  How you doin'?

KLO

more miles = more beer

Rubybaby43

enabler

Hi, Kristy!

Beth, forgot to say I think of you and your aunt on most days.  Stay strong.

AmiK, great job.  I didn't get a trophy, sniff.

Hey, D!

KLO

more miles = more beer

Zelanie

Morning!  Congrats to today's racers!  Today I have my WW meeting, then I am volunteering at packet pickup for my HM (which is tomorrow).  Anything to stay busy, plus I will be around people who also want to talk about running.  Maybe even a chance for a FE. Smile

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Ami, LRB & D! Well done in your races!

Our various body parts held up OK - nothing that actually hurt as we were running, though I can still feel the tightness in my back and hip. 8 miles in 1:20 - a bit faster than our pace will be for the half. May need to work on slowing down a bit more.

I'm taking DS to play in the indoor pool at our YMCA (he loves the water slide) in a bit, so maybe some time in the water will help loosen up the muscles, too. I'll be the oddball hanging out in the shallow water doing stretches while DS goes down the slide a few dozen times.

A visit to the library and then home to make cheese bread and either bake or grill salmon for dinner will round out the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

12 miles done. It was supposed to be 13, but we got a late start due to having to detour for a road closure and going to a different parking lot. Of course, the 3 of us initially drove past the barriers, and in the parking lot decided that we should go elsewhere. Oh well, 12 is still fine.

HM PR!

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Docket_Rocket

Woot, Dave!

I missed LRB's post.  How did you do?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

On my phone and off to neet my mom for a shopping date...will catch up on RRs and read more later but wanted to check in quick. 4.5 miles 11:14 pace. Finally have a new distance PR on the Garmin. My true distance PR is 10K...but I ran 4.1 miles with the Garmin right after I got it for Christmas, and that was the run the ITBS started. Finally was able to get past that mileage againSmile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to