Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins - Things That Make You Go Hmmmm (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning! Yoga after work for me. Oktoberfest 10K tomorrow in which I am going for a costume contest win.

Kristin, I bet you will look great in your Bavarian lederhosen!  Big grin

Of course, you could go as "Eve"....fig leaf and carry a beer..... you'd probably win the costume contest hands down!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Network is back up! YAY! Now I don't have to use my phone to post Smile

Right in time, so you can't go to the doctor today... Wink

Amazonian Princess

Recently, there was a 5k nearby called "Sausagefest", and in my naivete, I thought it was related to Oktoberfest.

Nope, it was a dudes-only run Smile

I can. I will. I am. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, Margo, we may not have actual Autumn here, but as a klutzy runner, I experience FALL all year round.   Good luck with your long run tomorrow!

Nice running, Bin.  Guess the home-cooked food fueled you up!

Good luck with the 10 later, Zelanie.

HSM:

And just in case.....

Docket_Rocket

There is something in the air I do not recognize.  It's like a breeze and something close to 69 dewpoint.  I hope it continues because the last 4 days have been brutal and we deserve a break.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Jack, hope you can find some time to get some sleep in there between all that weekend activity!

Had a fantastic visit with my sister last weekend but the Valley air aggravated my allergies to a disgusting level...Baconista, you just have to look at the positive side of this:  you now have proof you are not a Valley Girl.  Fer shur... Joking  Enjoy the race and definitely 'scottydawg it" lol.  Of course, you will have to post a photo of you in the sparkle skirt.  Big grin

Jerry, personally I always do my weight training post-run, when I do weights and running on the same day.  Just feels better for me.  I tried the other way a couple of times and did not like it.  I got, as you said, heavy legs, when I was running after my weight training circuit.  Smart daughter you got there...run up your phone bill during the job hunt, not hers.  Wink

Dang, Traci, when it rains it pours!  Hope you and everyone else are feeling better now.   Good luck with the yard sale!  We can't sell our yards here in Texas..no more grass due to the drought!  Wink

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Recently, there was a 5k nearby called "Sausagefest", and in my naivete, I thought it was related to Oktoberfest.

Yeah, there was one of those in Houston,  I mailed in my entry and they sent it back.  They said because I was near 60 years old now, I didn't qualify, I had to wait for the Vienna Sausagefest event.  Darn old age and shrinkage! Cry  Wink

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

They used to call that Boston...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We had a nice rooftop lunch at Gene's Sausage Shop.  They served both of us.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Ginny - there was nothing in the news on our "sighting".  Oh, and the other night at karaoke I sang some Lynyrd Skynyrd and Green Day. How has your healing process been coming along?

Hopes Mom - happy birthday !

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

GinnyinPA

Baconista - sounds like a really good trip.  I'd love to go to Hawaii; it's one of the few I haven't visited and hiked in.

Gustav - healing is one step forward, two steps back.  I was doing better, and started running once a week, then twice a week with only a little ache, then tried three times - and the sharp pain was back, though not quite as bad as it was originally.  So, I'll take more time off before trying again.  I'm just so impatient, and the beautiful weather we're getting now doesn't help.

Zelanie

Baconista- Have fun!

Got my LR done,  best one in several weeks, rain and all.  I cut the miles back a bit because of this weekend's race, and tried to keep the pace a bit faster than I usually run my LRs.  That combo seems to have done the trick.  It was a really nice run.