Beginners and Beyond

Sleepin' In Sundailies (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay, there are races for people and their dog/s. I don't know if I would ever take Rocky though, we'd never make it to the finish line. He literally HAS to say hello to every dog and/or person that gets within licking distance, and it would just tickle him pink to run with other dogs. He's fast, and if I could get him to focus on the finish, I know we could win a few AG group awards if they have those, but it just doesn't seem possible lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the Advair not working. :-( Why is your doctor playing around with your medications? She wasn't satisfied with the old ones? Next time ask her to wait in between marathons before making any changes. It must be frustrating to find out something doesn't work during a race. As for today's race, what matters most is that you are proud of your effort, as always. Congratulations!

It was me that insisted. I have been losing my voice and the only way to know if the meds are working is by using them for a month. It's only been two weeks and I like the Advair (I have my voice back) bit I feel the amount of meds is not enough. There is a higher dose but she said I will absorb the steroid in it which means mpre weight gain. I have one more thing to try with my old med and I will try that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Don't you know better than to participate in those color runs? 

Sorry about the asthma. Advair actually works well for me. Ordinarily I need nothing but pre-run albuterol, but I go through phases when I need the albuterol other times during the day, and then I need to go on Advair for a while & it stabilizes things. It has actually been happening the last few days, looks like it's Advair time. 

What do you mean it's Advair time?  I can never miss a dose!  She asked me to try the 250/50 but is half the dose of Symbicort. Maybe you should try Symbicort and get off albuterol. I feel it covers me more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page