Beginners and Beyond

Modern Technology ThursDAILIES (Read 69 times)

@runjerseygirl

9 easy on very icy roads

Not a great morning, but so far I am having a much better day than Oscar Pistorius' poor lady friend.

Crazy story!

Do you even run?

Pinktastic

Happy Thursday and Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anyone have big plans for tonight? I'm just hoping not to have to work late......

LRB – Those are awesome!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!! Nice run on the TM!

Basya – Hope your gym time was rejuvenating and productive! Looks like you got a lot done while you were there! Way to go!!

Gustav – What kind of shoes did you get? Where are the pics of them? You'll have to let us know how they worked for you.

Flarunner – Great run this morning! Knowing that you're an early morning runner, when I'm struggling in my morning runs, I think to myself “Flarunner is out there getting it done this morning so you can too!!” Hope the rain clears up and you have a sunshiney day!

Luke – Saw your post last night about your run. Nice job!! Good luck in your race!!

DaveP – Fingers crossed that you get to run at lunch! I hate it when work interferes in my “regular” life.

SUS – I've been wondering about you! Thanks for checking in and letting us know what's going on. I am so very sorry about the loss of your Father!! May your loving memories of him bring you comfort and peace!

Jay – Glad to see you so early in the morning!! Have a Pinktabulous recovery run tonight!!

Beth – The flowers are beautiful! What a sweet and thoughtful DH you have!! I think it's only appropriate that you have coached swim on the Day of Love – because you LOVE swimming! Have a Pink-mazing day!!

Lilac – Love, love, love the pic of you in your tutu!! You look awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

Heidi – Did your boys take Valentine's to school today? Do kids even do that anymore? Enjoy your recovery miles today, and have a Pinktacular day!!

Tom – I hope that the rain clears up so that you can get your run in today! Have a great day!

Kristin10185 – Those shoes look wicked fast!! Nice workout this morning!! Keep up the hard work!!

Jedi – Helluva run this morning!! Way to get it done!!

Robert – Nice run this morning! I know the rain was getting you down because you weren't getting the mileage you wanted. I'm glad it worked out for you today!

April – That sounds like a really fun run you and Lilac had last night! Hopefully, now that you've found the culprit causing your hip issues, you can show it who's boss and return to pain-free running!! Have a Pinksational day!!

Bruce – Hope you're able to get that run in later today. Perhaps more coffee will help you feel less sluggish..... Enjoy the performance tonight! I'm sure you DS will be spectacular!!

Fuzzy – Good morning! Hope the recovery miles go smoothly later!

Kay – There you are!! You're usually an early poster so I was surprised I didn't see you on page 1. Hope you have a great lunch!

FS – What a great run last night!! Enjoy your walk today!

Damaris – I hope the storms break long enough for you to get your run in later! Sounds like you've already had quite the morning. Have a wonderful day!

Zelanie – That's a fantastic run you had last night! Great job! I hope that your run with the group is fun and productive!

Scrape – I don't know how you run on icy roads. I'd be afraid that I'd kill myself. Sorry that your morning has not gone so well. I hope your day improves tremendously!!

I'm working from home today so I got out for 9.52 miles before logging in for work.   It's chilly here (for North Texas) and I started the run without my gloves so I had to go back and get them because I was freezing before I even got a mile done.   I hate it when I go out unprepared.   When I returned and went to start my coffee, my DH had left 2 Valentine's Cards by the coffee maker for me.   He's so sweet!

Have a smashingly good Thursday!!    And, may your next run give you a strong sense of accomplishment that lasts throughout the week!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

outoftheblue

Good morning Dailies --

What a sad and horrible story about Oscar P and his girlfriend.   I hope it really was an accident, but it's not looking good.   What he accomplished in track was so amazing, it's easy to forget that athletics was only one facet of his life.   What makes for a determined and compelling athlete does not automatically make one a good person, as Lance, Tiger, and multiple NFL players can attest to.

SRD for me as I'm trying to dutifully rest up for my HM this weekend.   I need to head out to the store to buy some fixings for a romantic meal tonight for my sweetie.  We are both trying very hard to eat low-fat/healthy these days so I don't want to over-splurge.  Maybe some smoked salmon appetizers and grilled filet and asparagus.  I'll have to see what looks good at the store.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Can I be your valentine, Kay?

5.5 almost-dry miles today, with 2 X 1 mile at 8:30 pace, plus a 'Moth' finish the last 0.1 miles. Good run, almost beat the rain, but I did get a little dampened on the cool down walk.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

Can I be your valentine, Kay?

5.5 almost-dry miles today, with 2 X 1 mile at 8:30 pace, plus a 'Moth' finish the last 0.1 miles. Good run, almost beat the rain, but I did get a little dampened on the cool down walk.

Will you buy me chocolate?

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning fellow runners! SUSchnauzer checking in. The past month has been a tough one for me. I lost my Father tragically last month. I couldn't run for 2 weeks as I was overwhelmed with grief. I never knew how hard it would be to lose a parent. He lived a good life for 80 years. He loved his grandkids dearly. We will miss him. I know he has gone on to a better place. He did have the onset of Alzheimer's.

I did log 25 miles last week with a long run of 7 miles. As the roads get drier my paces are getting faster. Running on the snow-covered roads was tough. You get no traction so your feet slip instead of pushing you forward. I know I was 20 seconds a mile slower under those conditions.

Have a great day! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

I'm sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet though.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Will you buy me chocolate?

Of course! Probably buy you twice as much so I can eat some too. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

@runjerseygirl

Of course! Probably buy you twice as much so I can eat some too. Smile

Deal!  Happy Valentine's Day! Smile

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Kay's easy.  I would've asked for a trip or diamonds. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm boring. I would have probably asked for running clothes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

28th anniversary today for me and Gail.  Gail and I met in Hawaii on June 29, 1984  - yes, I remember the exact day cuz that day changed my life forever and for the better - at Moose McGillicuddy's - doesn't that sound like an appropriate place for me, Big grin - the local bar-and-grill near the University of Hawaii.  I was assigned to Hawaii with the Air Force and she was living and working there after deciding she needed a change from Montana.  As soon as we began talking, I KNEW she was the one.  It took Gail JUST a tad longer to realize that........it took me THREE whole days to convince her to move in with me.  On February 14, 1985, we were married in Paradise Park in Hawaii.  Our wedding photo...we looked a little different back then..Joking

Today, we started the day running - literally, lol - getting up at 5:15 a.m. and then we were off to the YMCA where Gail did a cycling class and I did 3.4 miles in the area around the Y.  I did a loop through Brackenridge Park, a park that is adjacent to the San Antonio Zoo.  It's a bit creepy running in there alone in the dark....no traffic, no other people....but also was pretty neat, made me feel like I "owned" the place, my personal realm to run in!  At one point, as I passed along the fence-line of the Zoo, I was "cheered on" by several birds in the aviary there, funny.  Nice hot shower back at the Y - and it was welcomed because my running temp this morning was 37 degrees!  Quite a change from my 71 degree temp on Tuesday.  Then I took Gail to breakfast at  our favorite breakfast place, IHOP, and then back home, where we are now just 'relaxing" and enjoying some time together.   We both have today and tomorrow off, for our anniversary today and for Gail's birthday tomorrow.

FYI:  our local Y's are pretty impressive.  $40 a month for a 1-person membership and for that you get to use ANY of the Y's in the city, have free access to all the classes any of the Y's provide (yoga, ta-chi, kick-boxing, spinning, step-aerobics, cycling classes, core training, and many more), to all the pools, weight equipment, cardio equipment, rock climbing wall, etc.  Lockers provided - full lockers that will accommodate even large gym bag - towel service provided for showers, and the showers are all private showers and very roomy and I also saw that each one had  a row of 3 bottles in them - body wash; conditioner; and shampoo.  Very nice!   If you are looking for a reasonably priced gym and have a Y in your area, definitely check your local Y out, you might be pleasantly surprised.  And if you are a member, there is also an "AWAY" designation on your member ID, so if you travel, you can visit any other Y in any other area.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Great story, Scotty!  Happy Anniversary!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I love the story, Scotty. Happy Anniversary. My parents were married 32 years ago today. Smile

Just B.S.

Awwww, Scotty that is so awesome!! Happy V-day and Happy Anniversary to you and Gail!!

And happy early Birthday to Gail!!

Hubby and I stated dating in 1980 but got married in  1984 so that year has very special memories

for me too.

LRB

Nice story Scott T!

I turned 16 in 1984, and was chasing everything that moved!  As a matter of fact, if they would have put a girl on a super fast scooter for the track team to chase, I would've made Carl Lewis look like a pedestrian!

Great times back then; no bills, no money, no problem!