Beginners and Beyond

Fumosity Friday Penguins (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scotty no races for me. Not sure how much good running FL will have in store but we shall see, the weather Damaris describes terrifies me! I will be all over FL from Ft Meyers (today) all the way to the Keys (Sunday) and Miami, hope to run in all locations, heat  be damned!

Good luck then!  And if you're going to Miami, you better FE with Damaris and get some photos...

.2 pairs of forum Great Legs in one place....

Don't make me discipline you, young lady... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got my 3x2miles done. 45 dew point didn't hurt.  Hip is behaving.   Pretty good since I had a big breakfast with my old co-workers.  Now its birthday dinner  for DD2.

From the Internet.

So uh, I kinda left my Garmin in the fridge all day by accident. Found it when I went to get my post-workout plum. It's not wet, it's just cold.. I hope I didn't screw it up! :c

GinnyinPA

scotty no races for me. Not sure how much good running FL will have in store but we shall see, the weather Damaris describes terrifies me! I will be all over FL from Ft Meyers (today) all the way to the Keys (Sunday) and Miami, hope to run in all locations, heat  be damned!

A lot of the state parks have really nice flat dirt paths that make for great running.  Shade will help with the heat.  OTOH, they've had so much rain this summer, be sure to ask before you go into the backcountry.  A couple of years ago we did a hike that was ankle deep in water.

Amazonian Princess

Yay, it's Friday!!!

Bike, elliptical, and 2 mile run with the new Garmin on Wednesday, then bike, elliptical and 63 second barefoot plank last night. Planning to show the Garmin a little more of the neighborhood tonight Big grin

C'mon weekend, Bacon needs a day off!!!

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

The FE is somewhat planned.

Good luck then!  And if you're going to Miami, you better FE with Damaris and get some photos...

.2 pairs of forum Great Legs in one place....

Don't make me discipline you, young lady... Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

There are no parks in Miami, but I assume there might be some in Ft. Myers.

There is one in Broward but I am not sure if they will have transportation (it's 45 minutes from where she will be at).  I'll give her the information when I see her.  She better like OMFG technical trails.

A lot of the state parks have really nice flat dirt paths that make for great running.  Shade will help with the heat.  OTOH, they've had so much rain this summer, be sure to ask before you go into the backcountry.  A couple of years ago we did a hike that was ankle deep in water.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Penguins!

Wednesday I shot a gun for the first time in my life. It was a fundraiser for United Way through work. My boss is really into competition sporting clays, so that's what we did. On my first try I hit one. I was shocked! I earned the "Rookie of the Year" title. My technique was not the greatest, and I have the most disgusting bruise on my right bicep. It looks rather intimidating. Wednesday the volunteers played, and then Thursday we ran the actual fundraiser. It was really fun, and we had a great turnout. I was rushed in the morning and completely exhausted yesterday evening so I didn't post.

So yesterday I ran my planned 3 miles before work but skipped strength training. I managed to get my 1 minute plank done before bed.

Today was a rest day, and I'm glad, because even with an extra hour of sleep I still struggled to get going today. Today's plank was 2:06.

Tomorrow I have a nice 5-mile run scheduled.

Sweet dreams, Penguins!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice Shot Mickey !!!

Had a nice al fresco dinner with family at the Hofbrauhaus in Rosemont.  First time at the new restaurant park.  Very busy, noisy place right next to O'Hare.

1:15 front elbow plank after the hip exercises.