Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - Even Animals Want To Party Like Us (Read 227 times)

LRB

... I've never run in snow ever.  In fact, I've never felt fresh snow (just seen it from the Philly airport).  Sigh.

You are not missing anything.  There is a novelty to it I suppose, but a lot of us who live in cold weather states could do without the crap.

Still, I understand your desire to at least be in it, as I have a wish to see both coasts north and south.  But so far I have only seen the coast off of Miami.  Three more to go...someday.

Just B.S.

You are not missing anything.  There is a novelty to it I suppose, but a lot of us who live in cold weather states could do without the crap.

Especially after 50 years of living with it and 13 of running through it.

Docket_Rocket

At least I want to be where it's not 80-100F with 76 dewpoint all the fricking time, that's for sure.

Still, I understand your desire to at least be in it, as I have a wish to see both coasts north and south.  But so far I have only seen the coast off of Miami.  Three more to go...someday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

LRB, Hate the shoes, but the legs appear to be fine.

Kristin, I hope that you're feeling better quickly. It's not fun to be sidelined.

Well, the temperature kept dropping outside today, and instead of 45 and partly cloudy, it's about 35 and flurries. Just too cold for the cloths I brought.

Soooooo, I hit the treadmill instead. 4 miles, 9:30 pace. Time to eat, unwind and off to bed so I can do one more day shift tomorrow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

At least I want to be where it's not 80-100F with 76 dewpoint all the fricking time, that's for sure.

That is no lie!  I don't know how in the hell you do it!  Although I suppose I would find a way to but no thanks!

Hi Beth!

Supp Jay!

Scotty, that line about 2P made me lol!

Hi, everyone.

I did my ab work an pushups after work yesterday. Today was a SRD.

Four to eight inches are forecasted to fall between now and 7:00 a.m.. So, it seems that I'll have to do another run on the TM. Not the end of the world, but not ideal, either. Too bad that my planned run is 19.0 miles. Oy vey.

Docket_Rocket

Channel your inner happylily!  good luck!

Hi, everyone.

I did my ab work an pushups after work yesterday. Today was a SRD.

Four to eight inches are forecasted to fall between now and 7:00 a.m.. So, it seems that I'll have to do another run on the TM. Not the end of the world, but not ideal, either. Too bad that my planned run is 19.0 miles. Oy vey.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Channel your inner happylily!  good luck!

I'll try, Damaris. I hope that the streets are clear sometime Monday, so that I can have at least that run outdoors.

LRB

I'll try, Damaris. I hope that the streets are clear sometime Monday, so that I can have at least that run outdoors.

The one true wish of all runners lol!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I procrastinated this morning and didn't get out of the house as early as I wanted to, so I only got in 6.07 miles before I had to come home to get ready to pick my son up and stuff. Realizing that I would be just under 4 miles short of 20 miles for the week, I decided to run a double and got my other 4 this afternoon. That's only my second time doing doubles and my body seems to handle it okay. That's something I'll keep in my back pocket when life gets hectic and I have to shuffle things around during my next training cycle.

In other news, I have moved up to 4th place in Team Wind Chill!!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!!

@runjerseygirl

This.  x1000.

Do you even run?

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.  I knew you all would understand!  : )

Beth, that is cool that you got your picture in the paper!  If a photographer had seen me today, he might have gotten me running with traffic, too- I don't usually, but there was a wide shoulder and the footing was better than on the sidewalks.

I like the snow, but not for running in.

Night, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Ghettopops

Easy 11 miler done. Heidi hope all went well.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday Night.