Beginners and Beyond

What do you ladies(and gents) wear when not running? (Read 227 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

a pistol and a thong........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Better I Leave

Business casual at work unless I'm tower climbing. Kuhl, Columbia, North Face, Marmot, Prana, REI stuff.

Ain't gonna say what I wear around the house as we're empty nesters.

VFFs, a below-the-knee or longer skirt, a sweater and/or a shell, and stud earrings.

Shakedown Street

flip flops

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

flip flops

For work it is usually slacks and a polo like the football coaches wear. I wear black new balance shoes about 3 days a week and brown dress shoes the rest of the time.

Home is usually jeans and a t-shirt. I wish it was cold enough for a hoodie all the time.

I am usually a fashion emergency. I have quit shaving and have a gross thick beard. It mostly goes with the attitude of not really careing about  much.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

StepbyStep-SH

I'm a stay-at-home mom, with just the occasional meeting for freelance work that requires business casual. Most days this time of year I'm in bootcut jeans and either a cami+hoodie/fleece pullover, a fitted sweater, or fitted crewneck T. I have tried to get away from wearing race shirts all the time, though I could easily wear one every day and not do laundry for weeks. Shoes are Born clogs - super-comfy. Nights out with DH or friends I'll put on dressier pants and boots with a nice sweater or button-down shirt. And I splurged and bought a fun sparkly sweater dress this winter, which I will probably only have one or two opportunities to wear each year.

Summer is shorts and camis or fitted T-shirts, and my Chaco sandals. I have a couple of fun little dresses for nights out, with wedge heel sandals.

As a teen, I never wore fitted tops or short skirts, but I feel now like I deserve to enjoy wearing things that make me feel good.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Luke79

VFFs, a below-the-knee or longer skirt, a sweater and/or a shell, and stud earrings.

I'm sorry, and this is embarrassing, but I always pictured you as a guy.  Not sure why, just always have.

For me, it's almost always jeans (loose/baggy), t-shirt (usually a race shirt or plain black/gray), and flip flops.  With shorts though, I like my running shoes and no show socks.  I don't like the shorts and flip flops look.  I also can't stand socks going up my legs.

YAYpril - B-Plus

With shorts though, I like my running shoes and no show socks.  I don't like the shorts and flip flops look. 

That's pretty funny. I hate wearing shorts and shoes - only shorts and flip flops for me. It must be a guy-girl thing. Smile

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

skinny jeans/t-shirt or long sleeve, or casual, nice top

Sometimes I wear leggings around the house, but it feels too much like pajamas and staying in my pajamas all day makes me lazy.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Village people

Khakis, polo shirts, sweaters, loafers (no socks)...

Sounds like an outfit from the 80's.

I wear jeans and tshirts around the house. It is winter, so I wear my snowboots outside, a pair I picked up from the LLBean factory store. I was elected to our local Pop Warner board and I need some non jean pants to wear to board meeting. sigh: I hate shopping.

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

First off, let me say that our family is on a tight budget, I work only part time so I can stay home with our kiddos.  We are on year 6 of this and have at least one more to go....so we are pretty tight, yet live comfortably hand happily enough.

I teach evenings at our community college.  I mostly wear dress pants with a dressier top and heels (not in the winter b/c of snow), dark wash jeans with boots, a nice top, or a nice sweater, or a dress/skirt with tights and high boots, or heels when it is warm. I like to TRY to dress a bit trendy as I feel like my students appreciate it.  I don't actually have to dress up, and normally dress nicer than my colleagues, but like I said, I think my students respond well to it.  Plus, after being home with kiddos all day, it helps me to switch gears and find my inner professional again.

The rest of the time, I will wear jeans and sneakers with a causal top, or longer, darker jeans with boots and a nicer top.  Sometimes I will wear yoga pants with a workout top.  Since I have been running, this type of "workout" outfit looks *good* on me and I often get complimented by friends and family when I dress like this.  And our town is very outdoorsy and I fit right in.  I NEVER would go out in pjs.  I will actually drop the kids off at school in my tights and running gear.  I find it rather crazy to get dressed twice in an hour and I run after I make my deliveries to the preschool and school.  I used to worry about it but one of the other moms pointed out to me that I looked far better in my running tights than the other moms did in their pjs, so I don't worry about it.

Now I NEVER pay even close to full price for any clothing item.  The exception to that was my running tights, but only the Target ones were in the budget and even those were a few dollars off.  I try to wear trendy tops, but the way I get them is to buy them second hand off of our community's facebook clothing page.  I usually pay less than $5 per item.  I have one little gal who is 15 who I get a lot of my stuff from.  I hope she doesn't grow anymore Smile.  These youngens don't wear their clothes long.  I just get her more "mature" looking stuff.  I don't buy clothing in the stores unless it is 50% or more off.  I have bought some jeans from the stores but they must be less than $30 and fit me well.  I normally stalk clearance and do quite well.

I CANNOT do skinny jeans.  I actually have the build for them to look okay, but my calves are too big for them and they get stuck.  When the rest of the pant fits, that part does not.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

funny how threads always seem to pop up with perfect timing.

For the first time in 39 years I voluntarily bought a skirt - but that's because I got these awesome boots (got them at the outlet and paid under $5o!  http://www.zappos.com/calvin-klein-jeans-gianna-dark-tan ) and nothing to wear them with.  And I told my cousin she could dress me.

But I'll back up - jeans and t shirts from birth until I graduated college and then suits for 3 years until the business world started going "business casual."  Then it was nice pants and a nice shirt until business casual became more and more casual and now it's mostly khakis and whatever shirt I have that looks decent.

Unless it's work from home day then it's PJs.

And weekends/vacations remain, jeans and t shirts.

Jess runs for bacon

First off, let me say that our family is on a tight budget, I work only part time so I can stay home with our kiddos.  We are on year 6 of this and have at least one more to go....so we are pretty tight, yet live comfortably hand happily enough.

I teach evenings at our community college.  I mostly wear dress pants with a dressier top and heels (not in the winter b/c of snow), dark wash jeans with boots, a nice top, or a nice sweater, or a dress/skirt with tights and high boots, or heels when it is warm. I like to TRY to dress a bit trendy as I feel like my students appreciate it.  I don't actually have to dress up, and normally dress nicer than my colleagues, but like I said, I think my students respond well to it.  Plus, after being home with kiddos all day, it helps me to switch gears and find my inner professional again.

The rest of the time, I will wear jeans and sneakers with a causal top, or longer, darker jeans with boots and a nicer top.  Sometimes I will wear yoga pants with a workout top.  Since I have been running, this type of "workout" outfit looks *good* on me and I often get complimented by friends and family when I dress like this.  And our town is very outdoorsy and I fit right in.  I NEVER would go out in pjs.  I will actually drop the kids off at school in my tights and running gear.  I find it rather crazy to get dressed twice in an hour and I run after I make my deliveries to the preschool and school.  I used to worry about it but one of the other moms pointed out to me that I looked far better in my running tights than the other moms did in their pjs, so I don't worry about it.

Now I NEVER pay even close to full price for any clothing item.  The exception to that was my running tights, but only the Target ones were in the budget and even those were a few dollars off.  I try to wear trendy tops, but the way I get them is to buy them second hand off of our community's facebook clothing page.  I usually pay less than $5 per item.  I have one little gal who is 15 who I get a lot of my stuff from.  I hope she doesn't grow anymore Smile.  These youngens don't wear their clothes long.  I just get her more "mature" looking stuff.  I don't buy clothing in the stores unless it is 50% or more off.  I have bought some jeans from the stores but they must be less than $30 and fit me well.  I normally stalk clearance and do quite well.

I CANNOT do skinny jeans.  I actually have the build for them to look okay, but my calves are too big for them and they get stuck.  When the rest of the pant fits, that part does not.

You should go to the thrift store (pick one that's by a higher income area). I live in a nice little town with a thrift store, but the township next to us is loaded. I routinely get designer clothes (and yes, real designer) for pennies on the dollar. I think the most I've paid for things was $15, like the awesome pair of Express pants I have on now. They were $16 or so, but they still had the $80 price tag on them. Score! In my size! I got a pair of Cole Haan flippies (my favorite shoe brand) barely worn for $6. They have tons of Ann Taylor tops for $2. God I love that place. I can get tech shirts for pretty cheap too, but it's always in short sleeves and no bottoms. Only the crazies who stick with running buy the real gear, I guess.

If I'm home, it's pajama time. At work we do business casual. Any other time it's my Joe's Jeans (AKA snuggle pants) and a t shirt, maybe something a little dressier if I'm going out.

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

You should go to the thrift store (pick one that's by a higher income area). I live in a nice little town with a thrift store, but the township next to us is loaded. I routinely get designer clothes (and yes, real designer) for pennies on the dollar. I think the most I've paid for things was $15, like the awesome pair of Express pants I have on now. They were $16 or so, but they still had the $80 price tag on them. Score! In my size! I got a pair of Cole Haan flippies (my favorite shoe brand) barely worn for $6. They have tons of Ann Taylor tops for $2. God I love that place. I can get tech shirts for pretty cheap too, but it's always in short sleeves and no bottoms. Only the crazies who stick with running buy the real gear, I guess.

If I'm home, it's pajama time. At work we do business casual. Any other time it's my Joe's Jeans (AKA snuggle pants) and a t shirt, maybe something a little dressier if I'm going out.

See, this is great in theory, but I live in an area where the low income to higher income ratio is not in my favor.  The thrift stores are REALLY picked over and simply do not have the higher end things to chose from, or really much of anything to chose from.  And to go to one that would be in a higher end area would be a minimum of a 3 hour drive.  I greatly envy people who have this option, but it simply isn't an option for me Sad  We are very blessed that our children are given hand-me-downs or we would be in trouble!  When my oldest was about 6 months old, I went to thrift stores to try and find him some pants.  I went to all 3 of them in our area and found ONE pair of pants in his size, and they weren't even that nice.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Work, casual.  I work for a university as a researcher for Advancement Services department, so don't have to wear suit-and-tie, I just sit in my corner and am on the computer all day.  It's a very relaxed atmosphere.  Nice cuz I hate wearing suits and ties, getting 'all dressed up', etc.   I dress very casual when I'm going out to other places too, usually eat in places where jeans are acceptable, and so forth.  Live in jeans, tennis shoes, sandals, etc.

At home I just sit around nekkid.  Neither me nor the cats dress.   Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt