Beginners and Beyond

Can you see my training log? (Read 369 times)

slowrunningjulie

I am trying to set my training log to private, but I can still see it when I make a post. I don't care if my log can be viewed by others who have that kind of time on their hands Roll eyes but I would like to keep my routes private. Any idea how I do this? Thanks!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

runmomto3boys

Nope - it's private!

slowrunningjulie

Nope - it's private!

Thank you! Smile

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

meaghansketch

Just to confirm, I can't see your log, but if you want your logs to be visible you can still set your routes to private-- I am pretty sure that is how I have mine.  You can see my mileage, etc. but not my routes.  

Just to confirm, I can't see your log, but if you want your logs to be visible you can still set your routes to private-- I am pretty sure that is how I have mine.  You can see my mileage, etc. but not my routes.  

I set mine the same way, I hope!

I just checked, and your maps are private.

Mmmmm...beer

Yours are private too Blue.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Love the Half

Mine is public.  I'm trying to figure out why people would care if others saw their workouts unless they contained detailed information on routes.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

LTH, that seems to be the problem. Some folks have trouble turning off the public route info.
                  runmomto3boys

LTH, that seems to be the problem. Some folks have trouble turning off the public route info.

Crap.  Now I have to see if my routes are public.  That's not cool.

xor

Well, others are just creeped out that anyone might silently lurk their stuff.  Or, in some cases, unsilently lurk it and either PM you (unrequested) or publicly judge.

So, the feature is there to toggle.

Most of us from RA have ours set to public, because that's a basic requirement for asking for help.  Or in the case of folks providing assistance, sort of a 'put up or shut up' way to show the experience from whence they speak.

But if you don't think you need help and/or you simply aren't comfortable showing your stuff, that's absolutely a-ok.

LTH isn't.  The side effect, LTH, is now you don't have to post your stats repeatedly.

runfoolery

Redacted

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

My log is public (only recently did that, to be honest), but my routes and weight are set to private.......I think.

runmomto3boys

My log is public (only recently did that, to be honest), but my routes and weight are set to private.......I think.

Your most recent run is public, so you have to change that one.  The others I randomly clicked on were private, though!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Heidi, sadly, your routes are private. Sad

Okay, yeah....that comment was a tad creepy. You might want to keep that in check.
                              runfoolery

Only a tad? I was hoping for better than that!