Beginners and Beyond

RR - Olean HM (Read 79 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congratulations.  I'm with some others that have already posted.  Maintaining a race pace out there on your own would be tough to do.  You're one fast dude.  I'm sure you've put in a lot of work to get there.  Awesome job.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

delicate flower

That is awesome!  Congratulations, Shirfan!  Man, that has got to be quite a feeling to be leading a HM and then actually cross the finish line first.  That is something almost all of us will never experience.  Super impressive!

<3

Pinktastic

Holy freakin' smoke, Batman!!   Wow!!    I'm sure the only thing the other runners saw was your smoke as you burned up the course!!   Way to go, Jay!!   Huge CONGRATS!!   Very impressive!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Wow, tremendous performance, way to go!

Dave

Hip Redux

Dayyyyum!

But what's up with no OA awards?  Even for low key that's strange, no?

"This was a half, no need to spaz."  <--- favorite RR line.

LRB

That is awesome!  Congratulations, Shirfan!  Man, that has got to be quite a feeling to be leading a HM and then actually cross the finish line first.  That is something LRB will never experience.  Super impressive!

FYP!

Ball of Fury

Amazing race!  Congratulations on the OA win....that's awesome!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, that's sweet! To be that far ahead of 1:25 like you were thinking and have the confidence to just go with it says so much about your fitness and racing. I can imagine how tough it was not to look back for him, especially with the wind coming at you. I kinda like out and back races for the boost of support like you mentioned too. Congrats on the win, and on topping your rival/running buddy.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

FYP!

You and me both, homefries.

<3

B-Plus

You and me both, homefries.

Let's all enter the kid's mile next time - but we'll probably still get smoked!

SheCan

CONGRATULATIONS WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Awesome job!   I started breathing hard as I was reading it.  That was a fine HM and a trophy well earned.  Glad your friend handed it over, but it would have been better had they offered a OA trophy.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson